• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

I could go for Carl's Jr...

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
there's only one Hardee's near me, always thought it was odd that they never made a bigger push into the area. there's a few at the turnpike plazas though.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Hardee's makes a pretty good burger for a fast food joint. Haven't had one in years, but I do remember them being good.

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
There used to be a Carl's Jr. north of Albany, just off the Northway, but that was >25 years ago.

Good stuff!

We hadn't been in many years, about 1 1/2 yrs back K went to pick us up something for dinner from Carls....the only one we knew of had been closed :rotflmao:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The only Carls Jr. I ever had was in San Diego off the I-5 right before the Rancho Santa Fe exit... It was in a shopping center with a Staples.

Truth be told it was OK but I didn't think they were great- just someplace different then all the East Coast places I was used to. That and Jack-in-the-Box, never seen one of them in these parts either.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Never heard of them- closest one is Ohio.

But with a name like "Butterburger" is has to be good. :pirate:

Ralph

VIP
I'm not a big fan of Culvers. Not bad, but nothing really special. The pork tenderloin sammich is ok. I give them credit for bringing cheese curds to the nation.

This thread has given me a craving for a Hardees Frisco burger. They closed ours about 10 years ago... nearest one is a 30 mile drive now :teary:

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
We got a Culver's within the last year. Always packed. Never been. I thought it was the replacement to Long John Silver's, but Overboard brings the suckage there.

Ralph

VIP
We got a Culver's within the last year. Always packed. Never been. I thought it was the replacement to Long John Silver's, but Overboard brings the suckage there.
Let's put it this way... Culvers is a step up from McDonalds and Hardees/Carl's Jr. Their ice cream is good. Their fries are good when they're fresh (but so are most others). Their burgers are meh.

I could go there for dinner tonight and take a couple pictures. Look their menu up, tell me what to order (within reason for one guy to eat - i.e. a sammich, some fries...), and I'll dew it.