• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Quadratop

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Sailcloth is a requirement for me.
I don't even care about that. As long as I can stay dry. I knew when I bought the Wrangler that it was gonna be loud and ride like shit and every other little thing people here bitch about.

tink

My Fawking leg hurts
VIP
I bought the rampage frameless because it seems to be the closest to the original viking. so far been very pleased with it.

mcatdtJEEP

I bought the rampage frameless because it seems to be the closest to the original viking. so far been very pleased with it.
I haven't done the back windows yet... how hard/easy are they to zip on/off?

I suspect my back windows will get very little use as I have a garage I keep the jeep in and a vehicle that actually has heat that I can drive in the winter.... so windows and doors rarely go on. But big storms combined with the possibility that the creeper van is in the shop for something means I like having the option to take the jeep with everytying buttoned up.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Should have returned this POS straight away. I think I'm past the return period already and the POS is already breaking down. I've taken it down about 2x since I bought it and one of the rear window zipper pulls broke on me this morning. After some inspection, the other rear window zipper pull is frayed and so is at least one of the front window pulls.

I can't believe that my new top broke zipper pulls in 3 months of use when my old top never broke in 10 years of use. Then again, the new top leaks worse than the 10 year old top that it replaced.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
$439.99

I emailed their customer service. I'm not expecting much, but my hope is that they let me return it for credit towards a Bestop offering. If they don't, at least, warranty the problems, they'll lose me as a customer.

$439.99

I emailed their customer service. I'm not expecting much, but my hope is that they let me return it for credit towards a Bestop offering. If they don't, at least, warranty the problems, they'll lose me as a customer.
That is a good chunk of change.

Hey, at least you got to state your point and hell, never know ya might get a good CSR willing to help.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Have heard nothing back from the customer service email. Calling them now.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
They're sending me some Bestop zipper pulls. Going to try "bending the frame" a bit on the half doors. Not sure that'll do much, but worth a shot.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I am not satisfied with my rampage top. The first problem I had was the heat seam on one of the windows failed. This problem was fixed under warranty but not at all in a timely fashion. It took over four weeks from them telling me they were sending a replacement to it arriving at my house. The most recent issue is the straps that wrap around the rear seatbelt post. They have deteriorated and are now useless. One actually came off. The top was less than two years old when this happened. The jeep has been driven less than 5000 miles and sits covered 95% of the time. My email was completely ignored. They have lost me as a customer.

My next top will be the softopper if they are still around when I replace the rampage.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
The Quadratop is billed as a sailcloth replace a top.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
My 10 year old Bestop Replace-A-Top was worn through on the side doors and leaking. The back window zipper was sketchy too. Needed to be replaced, but the Quadratop is clearly low quality in comparison.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Complained again. Leaks like crazy still. Get soaked every time it rains. Old top with duct tape holding it together worked better. They're sending me a new one. Not optimistic that it'll be much better.