• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Grand Tour - The name of Amazon's version of Top Gear

I watched the first episode. I'm not sure what all they are not allowed to do for fear of being sued by the BBC, but I found it entertaining the way they kinda danced around or made fun of certain Top Gear things. The news segment call Conversation Street instead of the news, with no actual news. Celebrities "die" before they can make it on stage. Their racing driver "The American" was great. Time will tell if it lives up to the hype and can be as good or better than Top Gear, but I'd say it's off to a good start.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I remember watching Skinner race at Talladega back in the 90s when I still kept up with nascar. He was a really good driver, but always in an underfunded, mediocre team.

apparently, he owned something called the goodwood festival of speed in a nascar truck series rig jjj

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
I thought the intro was great and how they picked on Top Gear was pretty funny. It will be interesting to see if they can keep it over over the next 11 weeks.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I think it's going to end up like David Letterman moving from NBC to CBS. Other than the catchphrases, not much different.

Rugster

Old And In The Way
VIP
I watched the first episode. I'm not sure what all they are not allowed to do for fear of being sued by the BBC, but I found it entertaining the way they kinda danced around or made fun of certain Top Gear things. The news segment call Conversation Street instead of the news, with no actual news. Celebrities "die" before they can make it on stage. Their racing driver "The American" was great. Time will tell if it lives up to the hype and can be as good or better than Top Gear, but I'd say it's off to a good start.
I got amazon prime just for this. I think the first show was great and it will be a huge hit.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I enjoyed it. If it was a Top Gear episode, I'd say it was a 7/10. But just knowing that Top Gear is back, with a few changes, bumps that up to an 11/10. :rockz:

neevo

Limey Hippo
Jeremy is wrong

It's SCRAPS

ps

That really was JC's house

He had planning permission to knock it down and build another house in it's place. Still it made for great TV

SAD

Wants $4.50 Gas
VIP
Clarkson looks really sickly now.
Speaking of “how they looked”....

I was able to watch in true 4K now that the amazon video app is available on appletv.... and man... the detail is just insane....

After we watched the episode, turned it off and went back to “regular” HD.... it almost looked blurry LOL