• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Fording Depth

off a cough

Say my name, bitch!
VIP
I'm impressed that those engines kept running... I didn't see a snorkel or any way to take air in.

Somebody's got some splainin' to do re: Uncle Sam's property being waterlogged.

And the dude who filmed that is correct, they were stupid... but he needs to be respectful because they also carry very dangerous weapons and New Jersey schleps aren't allowed to. :nono:

rixXJphx

Rest In Peace.
Ultra-Premium
I think the intake snorkel was right behind the driver, just barely above the water on the approach to the bridge/camera.

No exhaust snorkel though, just mass of bubbles out the back.
Gotta be pedal-to-the-metal to keep the exhaust blasting thru the water and keeping it out.

Yellowdog

I think the intake snorkel was right behind the driver, just barely above the water on the approach to the bridge/camera.

No exhaust snorkel though, just mass of bubbles out the back.
Gotta be pedal-to-the-metal to keep the exhaust blasting thru the water and keeping it out.
you must never wheel in deep water//there is enough back pressure in the exhaust system to not let that happen

i have wheeled in water about 2 inches from my ignition switch ina jeep on35's..

only got stuck 2x's ..once hung up on a submerged rock..other time at doja's [remember him] camp in VA..i started to float even though i had the floor drains open to take in water..err you are supposed to do that BTW

hung up front hub on rock stuck..the water was up to the soft top all around then i crawled up on the underwater "obstacle" LOLZ

Last edited:

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
I don't do water crossings anymore, too much risk, not enough return since there is usually some azzhole willing to submarine his chit completely and trailer it home.

If you make it, cleanup sucks... checking fluids, wheel bearings, etc.