• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Why in this day and age does crap like this still exist?

neevo

Limey Hippo
weights and measures is pretty standard except for the US, but UK still uses crazy stuff like stone and troy ounce, and their pints aren't a pint. :puzzled:
Welcome to 1971 :banghead:
In 1972 we went metric every inch of the way

Anyway, our plugs are the correct ones as we invented electricity. Also our plugs are harder to pull out accidentally, hence they are the safest. Ours are switched too but the switches are off the area shown

Jap SUVs are great, I agree, esp as they have the steering wheel on the correct side

:neevo::neevo::neevo::neevo::neevo:

Ardvark

tamper resistant how? can't turn it right side up?
little platic thing inside, they call them shutters
you have to push in both slots at the same time
i guess alot of kids got hurt by pusshing something into one side

more than doubles prices

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
FYI - America now has Tamper Resistnat Ones MANDATED in new construction..

I spent an entire day swapping those out of my brother's new house after the electrical inspection...those and the new circuit breakers...damn things have their own safety-trip switch and something as simple an turning off the vaccuum or a hair dryer would trip the breaker safety.

After the inspection, we swapped them all out and sold them back to the contractor.

Hubjeep

:hub: :hub2:
Ultra-Premium
...those and the new circuit breakers...damn things have their own safety-trip switch and something as simple an turning off the vaccuum or a hair dryer would trip the breaker safety.
New breakers? Expensive? No more $3 Murray ones?

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
You can still get those, but new construction req's the new breaker. It looks like it has a button like the CGFI outlets.

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
When we were using a big-assed corded-hammer drill in the basement to anchor stuff to the wall, the breaker tripped every time we released the drill trigger. Fawking worthless.

neevo

Limey Hippo
When we were using a big-assed corded-hammer drill in the basement to anchor stuff to the wall, the breaker tripped every time we released the drill trigger. Fawking worthless.
Or the drill has a fault that the breaker is reacting to and which will get worse so that one day...:eek:

I used residual current circuit breakers when I electrified all my windows where I lived before. The burglars got a warning shock but not enough to kill them, or worse, cause a fire and burn my place down. One belt and they decided my place wasnt so appealing :jump:

MJM

Sweet, terrible freedom
I spent an entire day swapping those out of my brother's new house after the electrical inspection...those and the new circuit breakers...damn things have their own safety-trip switch and something as simple an turning off the vaccuum or a hair dryer would trip the breaker safety.

After the inspection, we swapped them all out and sold them back to the contractor.
you mean like afci breakers?

I'm not positive but I think if I did that here to my brothers house after the inspection and his house burnt down due to electrical, his insurance would not pay him. He'd be fawked.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP

We exclusively use tamper resistant duplex recepts and I have never heard of this.

pejeeper

Ninjas need not apply
VIP
you mean like afci breakers?

I'm not positive but I think if I did that here to my brothers house after the inspection and his house burnt down due to electrical, his insurance would not pay him. He'd be fawked.
Not my decision to make.

We exclusively use tamper resistant duplex recepts and I have never heard of this.
I never heard of them either until he had his house built last year.

My parents' new house has them too. The little door thingys jam up sometimes so plugs dont go in smoothly. They didnt have the new circuit breakers though...