• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Pawn Stars spin-off... Pawnography

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I'm not fawking with you, but I already liked Tanner and Rutledge before the show. You can tell that they are actually friends now and it makes the show better. Last episode was cool for me because most of it was in CO Springs and I recognized or had been to a lot of the places they were.

I started watching Tanner years ago on his show super cars exposed. I also like that he's self taught and worked in CO ski resorts and then taught winter driving classes. Rutledge is from Senoia and was the class president of the HS I should have gone to (Mcintosh) if my parents didn't send me to private school. Adam can be annoying but he's actually getting a little bit funnier. He doesn't bother me like he used to and I like the cars that he's been picking lately.
Same boat here - that's why I was so disappointed with the show. I'll give them another shot. Rutledge was showing up with weird shit at car shows in the area before the show started so I liked him, and had watched a bunch of youtube stuff of Tanner being a ****ing insanely good driver. I kind of wish they had the big bald guy that was on that car show with Adam Corolla and the basketball player - he knows cars and is slightly charismatic. I think he could have built a good back and forth with Tanner and Rutledge.

John

Transplant
VIP
Same boat here - that's why I was so disappointed with the show. I'll give them another shot. Rutledge was showing up with weird shit at car shows in the area before the show started so I liked him, and had watched a bunch of youtube stuff of Tanner being a ****ing insanely good driver. I kind of wish they had the big bald guy that was on that car show with Adam Corolla and the basketball player - he knows cars and is slightly charismatic. I think he could have built a good back and forth with Tanner and Rutledge.
I follow Rutledge on instagram. He has a lot cool/weird shit. I didn't know him in HS, he looks like a total tool in the old pics. He must be a charming mofo.
jjj

He likes Japanese cars, old 4wds, and old school VWs. For the last challenge, he had a 1000hp 6 speed manual Honda Odyssey. :clapping:

Last edited:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Anyway.... back to Pawnography, I finally watched the second episode last night.

I don't really think Titus brings anything to the show- would have been fine with Chumlee being the host.

Winning this show is going to be beyond difficult. Usually when you are head to head against a "nerd" you have half a shot beating them if the questions are less-nerdy in nature- but with all 3 allowed to answer (Rick, Coery, Chum) there is very little none of them will know that a contestant has a chance of knowing, let alone 10 random things.

I do like the "haggle" at the end but honestly Rick is always going to know he won more or less, there needs to be something that makes him more scared he might lose- like the contestant draws a card from some random value (0, 1, 2) that gets added to their score to even the odds a bit.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Starting it like it better... Though I have to wonder how Rick got the Pearl Harbor date wrong for someone so into history and WW2. It was only by a day, but still.

I really like how they managed to work in haggling/negotiation as part of the contest.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That's the dumbest part IMO
It is what sets it apart from any other quiz show. The fact neither side knows for sure their score or the other's score gives them some decent negotiating room. If you don't want to negotiate you don't have to. :shrug:

John

Transplant
VIP
I did like that lat nigth the dude knew he sucked. And negotiated as high high as he could.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm really annoyed they stop the haggling for a commercial break- I wish they took the break before the negotiation began.