• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Microsoft updates lately

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Has anyone else noticed a dramatic uptick in problems associated with Microsoft updates as of late? It seems to me that every other day we're getting reports of problems that are associated with Microsoft updates. We've had several PCs that crashed completely as a result. We've also had numerous applications start exhibiting odd behavior as well.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The last several big Windows 10 updates have made me dislike the software far more than than when I first upgraded. Microsoft is clearly on the wrong course.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Yes Microsoft, under their current ****stick of a CEO, has fallen far in software quality.

I've read reports that he decimated their QC department that used to be responsible for OS release and patch testing and has relied heavily on their Insider programs that basically moves all testing to the public guinea pigs.

I do not predict a long, healthy future for Microsoft unless they fire that idiot Nadella and reverse course on some things.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
All of my rules in Outlook were ****ing up from the previous update until this last update. I think there were only a few days between. Also, Bluebeam was ****ing up. I think it still is glitchy, even after the most recent update.

neevo

Limey Hippo
The last several big Windows 10 updates have made me dislike the software far more than than when I first upgraded. Microsoft is clearly on the wrong course.
been lucky in that I have had very few problems with their official update other than that they tend to turn non-defender AV products off. ESET has needed to be re-installed twice and the lates update kept giving the prog a kernel error (M$ decided to ignore the automatic setting on the service, starting it and then launching ESET fixed that issue)

At home I qm on the Redstone 4 builds and they seem to be very stable and AVAST now has no problems runnign on them though it did need a re-install when they first brought out that faster preview ring