• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Top Gear is now a Moo Point

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I've seen him do interviews and such, and he isn't very funny without a script. I'm sure he can be funny during the bits and reviews, but the back-and-forth the real three have won't be there. That's why the US show sucks - they don't have it, either.

neevo

Limey Hippo
I've seen him do interviews and such, and he isn't very funny without a script. I'm sure he can be funny during the bits and reviews, but the back-and-forth the real three have won't be there. That's why the US show sucks - they don't have it, either.
Top Gear was scripted. Clarkson was the main writer. Did you not watch it properly? You could guarantee when the cars would barge into each other on a road trip, for example

KJVBlueXJ

signaling the Mothership
VIP
That's why the US show sucks - they don't have it, either.
I like the US show. They tried to do things just like the original at first and it didn't really work well for them. So they changed things up and it's good. They just use a slightly different formula than the BBC show.

I bet they could incorporate some of the BBC show's segments back into the US one now that they have a few seasons under their belt and they've kinda figured each other out a bit. They don't have a clear leader like Clarkson though.

Last edited:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I like the US show. They tried to do things just like the original art first and it didn't really work well for them. So they changed things up and it's good. They just use a slightly different formula than the BBC show.
x2. It far from sucks and I enjoy it :bunnydance:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Top Gear was scripted. Clarkson was the main writer. Did you not watch it properly? You could guarantee when the cars would barge into each other on a road trip, for example
Like I said, captain comprehension, he'll be fine during the bits and reviews (aka scripted part) but he'll flounder in the natural back-and-forth, like when they crack jokes about each other at random.

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
Waiting patiently for the Orangutan, Captain Slow and the Hamster to be on Amazon Prime this fall.

Top Gear US will be back before than. Definitely not as funny as the BBC Top Gear with Clarkson and crew, but still pretty good.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Like I said, captain comprehension, he'll be fine during the bits and reviews (aka scripted part) but he'll flounder in the natural back-and-forth, like when they crack jokes about each other at random.
:banghead: Major Moron. It was all scripted.
You have naivety down to an art form

The only person that went "off script" in that show was the Stig :jump:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
:banghead: Major Moron. It was all scripted.
You have naivety down to an art form

The only person that went "off script" in that show was the Stig :jump:
Right - when they're on a trip and May's car breaks down and they giggle and crack a joke between each other that off-the-cuff crack was scripted. The laughter they share at even the scripted jokes - I'm sure the script said "laugh genuinely" at that point. If it were 100% scripted they'd be the best actors in the history of television.

It's clear you've never had real friends, otherwise you could tell real ball-busting apart from scripted events. I would feel sorry for you if you weren't such a useless piece of shit.