LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Notices

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 310 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Mon 05/23/2016, 12:32 AM #21
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Jays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angel

The old man said he'd need either the worn parts or a dimensioned sketch. You'd need to take measurements with calipers. He did say you should vacuum your Jeep.

Jays89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 05/23/2016, 10:43 AM #22
whiskey tango
warmonger

whiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfect

I will take some measurements with the calipers in a bit. If you pm me one of yalls address I'll mail the parts.
whiskey tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 05/24/2016, 04:55 PM #23
whiskey tango
warmonger

whiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfectwhiskey tango is damn near perfect

3e86236b268e9b6e8b3f9c0a1531945d

These are the measurements I was able to get.
Old Tue 05/24/2016, 10:09 PM #24
Al Johnson
Northwoods Hillbilly

Al Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey tango View Post
These are the measurements I was able to get.
Do you need the bolt too, or just the bushing?
There's one dimension missing on the bushing drawing: what is either the width of the flange, or the width of the cut-down area next to it, the shoulder? It might be half the bushing thickness, but we don't know that for sure.

Last edited by Al Johnson; Tue 05/24/2016 at 10:12 PM.
Al Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 05/24/2016, 10:40 PM #25
whiskey tango
warmonger

Default Anyone know where I can find this jeep part?

2d425f3d857ba209504ef747b2e6009e

I can't tell if my bushing is mangled or there's supposed to be a lip on top of the small side of the bushing.

fca30e1798c7d1489cb9a3feabdd52b9

If anyone has a tj with seats that don't wobble would you pull one out and post a pic or let me know if there's supposed to be a lip? I have the bolts but all 4 of my bushings are shot. The driver side is worse than the passenger side.

Last edited by whiskey tango; Tue 05/24/2016 at 10:56 PM.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 07:22 AM #26
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

Doesn't mark have the same jeep?
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 10:02 AM #27
whiskey tango
warmonger

I believe mark and shnervel both have unlimited TJs but if they wobble they will be no different than mine.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 01:28 PM #28
Al Johnson
Northwoods Hillbilly

Al Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond reputeAl Johnson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
If he's interested I will find a good usable one to replicate.
Quote:
I can't tell if my bushing is mangled or there's supposed to be a lip on top of the small side of the bushing.

If anyone has a tj with seats that don't wobble would you pull one out and post a pic or let me know if there's supposed to be a lip? I have the bolts but all 4 of my bushings are shot. The driver side is worse than the passenger side.
Can you actually find a good one to duplicate? It's starting to sound like you don't have any good ones available. To my eye, it does look like there should be a narrow lip opposite the heavy flange and next to the groove. But of course I can't really tell. So if you need an actual replica part, you'll have to find out for sure. On the other hand, you might be able to make something up from hardware store parts that will work, like the guy did who you linked to in your original post. Keep us informed on progress with this.
Al Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 01:35 PM #29
whiskey tango
warmonger

I think there is a small lip there too but it doesn't seem like it's a vital part of the design. The bushing is clamped between the bolt head and another piece of the seat bracket. I don't think it will go anywhere. Jays89YJ is speaking with his dad about machining a handful for me.

And yeah, all of mine are shot and I don't know anyone else who owns a TJ.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 01:50 PM #30
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!

That lip just looks like deformity from wear to me.
BrandonM7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 02:01 PM #31
whiskey tango
warmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM7 View Post
That lip just looks like deformity from wear to me.
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It seems like the bushing would be the exact height of the shoulder on the bolt and they the plastic was worn and spread out from sliding against the steel seat bracket.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 02:08 PM #32
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!BrandonM7 is uber great!

Quote:
That's kinda what I'm thinking too. It seems like the bushing would be the exact height of the shoulder on the bolt and they the plastic was worn and spread out from sliding against the steel seat bracket.
Same thought process.

Is it odd that you have the diameter of the bushing measured a cock-hair larger than the groove it rides in?
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:26 PM #33
whiskey tango
warmonger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonM7 View Post
Same thought process.

Is it odd that you have the diameter of the bushing measured a cock-hair larger than the groove it rides in?
I thought so too but it is slightly oblong so I'm thinking the bushing is just mangled. There are spots where I can measure it and it is significantly smaller in diameter than the slot. I'd rather it be a little larger and have to sand it down than smaller and still be stuck with a wobbly seat.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:29 PM #34
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

Quote:
I thought so too but it is slightly oblong so I'm thinking the bushing is just mangled. There are spots where I can measure it and it is significantly smaller in diameter than the slot. I'd rather it be a little larger and have to sand it down than smaller and still be stuck with a wobbly seat.
Good call. If he makes it out of Delrin you probably won't have to replace it ever again anyway, which will be awesome.

So does this make your seat wobble while you're in it, or just when it's folded and slid forward?
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:38 PM #35
whiskey tango
warmonger

When my big ass is in it it wobbles a bit and I can grab it and shake it. Also the passenger seat rattles when no one is sitting in it.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:38 PM #36
BrandonM7
MaMway Platinum Member

Quote:
When my big ass is in it it wobbles a bit and I can grab it and shake it. Also the passenger seat rattles when no one is sitting in it.
That's annoying as ****.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:46 PM #37
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

its a fawking plastic spacer. cut another one and stfu
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 04:48 PM #38
miwico
Enemy of Brock

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
its a fawking plastic spacer. cut another one and stfu
Thank you, I was thinking the same thing.
Old Wed 05/25/2016, 05:07 PM #39
whiskey tango
warmonger

Old Wed 05/25/2016, 05:24 PM #40
miwico
Enemy of Brock

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Quote:
Would have been nice for a narrative.
miwico is offline   Reply With Quote