LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Notices

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 1185 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Wed 09/10/2014, 02:54 PM #81
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

its 720p now
It'll be funny when the court documents show that I had you blocked for years on Facebook and LinkedIn for suspected stalking of me and my family, and it will be funny when it's proven that you did when they subpoena FB for your records. You've made me fear for mine and my families safety.
60JywpYgiphy

19929291804 37e6af519b o
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Wed 09/10/2014, 06:04 PM #82
KJVBlueXJ
signaling the Mothership

KJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud ofKJVBlueXJ has much to be proud of

I haven't paid for cable since 2009 I miss a few channels, but not enough to pay for it again. If/when they ever work out a-la carte options, I'll sign back up.
KJVBlueXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 10:38 PM #83
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Have the cord cut now too. Running a very large antenna in the attic, got quite a few channels. I have an Apple TV, and 4 Rokus, Sony BD and an old PS3. Oh yea, I pay for Sling TV to get ESPN for MNF and Amazon Prime. Dropped Netflix because it just seems scaled down...My only problem is the Saturday night Football late season, Can't get NFL network. I get it on my Verizon phone but they don't let you do it on your IPAD and the rotten fawkers actually block you from mirroring to Apple TV. Any idea's?
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 10:42 PM #84
frank_c
lost in the jet stream

frank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond repute

Playstation Vue has NFL Network in the Core Slim package. $35 a month.
frank_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 10:44 PM #85
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
Playstation Vue has NFL Network in the Core Slim package. $35 a month.

Is that on par with Sling?
miwico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 10:53 PM #86
frank_c
lost in the jet stream

frank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond reputefrank_c has a reputation beyond repute

I find the video quality is better on PSVue. Sling would randomly switch to a lower resolution, Vue doesn't do that.

Vue has a free 7 day trial just like the others. I read bad things about DirecTV Now and didn't bother trying it, I am happy with Vue. Get my local FOX Sports, too.
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 11:04 PM #87
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Some people are saying all the NFL Network games are on Twitter. Last time I tried it was a convoluted mess.
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 11:11 PM #88
frank_c
lost in the jet stream

I don't know what I care less about, the NFL, or Twitter.

Viacom pulled all their channels off Vue a few weeks ago, so if you want to watch Spike or the racist MTV crap you're out of luck.
Old Thu 12/22/2016, 11:20 PM #89
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frank_c View Post
I don't know what I care less about, the NFL, or Twitter.

Viacom pulled all their channels off Vue a few weeks ago, so if you want to watch Spike or the racist MTV crap you're out of luck.

I don't have a twitter acct. that I know of. I'm just trying to get the most for nothing like any good cord cutter.
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 01:31 AM #90
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Jays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angel

I ran Sling while in the rental. Meh. You had to get 5+ packages to get the major broadcasting stations and ESPN.

I have DTV and the NFL ticket (promo for signing up). Much better than Sling. Aren't all NFL Network games on CBS now?
Jays89YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 06:31 AM #91
BirdOPrey5
JUOT Founder & Admin

BirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angel

There is a twitter app for Android from both Google and Amazon app store that allows you to watch NFL relatively easy, not sure about Roku or Apple but probably about the same. If you want it why not free from Twitter?
-Joe (This is Post #1,982,689)

After a time you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true...
BirdOPrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 09:04 AM #92
John
Transplant

John has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays89YJ View Post
I ran Sling while in the rental. Meh. You had to get 5+ packages to get the major broadcasting stations and ESPN.

I have DTV and the NFL ticket (promo for signing up). Much better than Sling. Aren't all NFL Network games on CBS now?
LOL no
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 09:16 AM #93
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Jays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angelJays89YJ is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
LOL no
Thursday night games are. That used to be NFL Network only.
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 09:32 AM #94
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

abqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst menabqtj is a god amongst men

Quote:
Thursday night games are. That used to be NFL Network only.

Still no

It was on NBC last night
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 12:02 PM #95
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

There are a bunch of games on tomorrow. Not sure what network they are on. I'm covered for all the broadcast OTA networks. The Sling fills in the ESPN gap and the Amazon Prime covers most of my movie needs. The Roku will let you search everyone and most movies are available for rental. My wish list is to view more NHL games and NFL network. Again I get all the NFL Network games on my Verizon phone but the SOB's have some code that won't let me mirror the game to my TV. I'm determined to get the NFL network and it's games onto my TV.
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 12:14 PM #96
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Also primarily use my old HP desktop with tuner card for my DVR, still use windows media center and I also have an infrared remote. I also have the sling app on the PC. Nice to have a remote to run the Media Center. bd4830ecd32d04555aa530fa8e334714
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 12:24 PM #97
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by abqtj View Post
Still no

It was on NBC last night
Point being, I don't think the NFL Network has any NFL Network only games this year. The big boys ponied up coin to broadcast the games. As they should. I thing NBC and CBS partnered on the deal.
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 12:30 PM #98
miwico
Admirer of Tooms.

Quote:
Point being, I don't think the NFL Network has any NFL Network only games this year. The big boys ponied up coin to broadcast the games. As they should. I thing NBC and CBS partnered on the deal.

Last Saturday's game was NFL only. At least I didn't see it on the TV guide.
Old Fri 12/23/2016, 12:44 PM #99
Jays89YJ
Udaho

Yeah, just looked at ESPN and there are two games this week on NFL Network... Bengals/Texans & Ravens/Steelers. I have the NFL Network, but usually just roll the Red Zone. I guess there are a few games that are NFL Network only. I believe I've watched all of the Thursday games on other networks.