LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Notices

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 661 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Mon 06/08/2015, 10:00 PM #1
gcb
The 'In' Crowd

gcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud of
Default 2015 JK

For some reason my wife wanted this. Pretty basic JKU: Freedom Top and 3.73s as only options. I used a "Supplier Discount" for 1% below invoice @ $28.5K. I really wanted Rubicon, but I can't justify a $35K - $40K shitbox that gets 15 mpg.

wkrzna
4tt7b8
2lnfo6c

And just for kicks, here's an awesome CJ7 I saw at the Unlimited Offroad Expo in Louisville this weekend. It was perfect.
15d3ps5
gcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 06/08/2015, 10:07 PM #2
Mark
Ay Caramba!

Mark has disabled reputation

Time to long arm that biatch and put it on some 37" shoes stat!
Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 06/08/2015, 10:19 PM #3
John
Transplant

John has disabled reputation

**** all that, but needs some decent wheels and tires stat.
John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 06/08/2015, 10:21 PM #4
gcb
The 'In' Crowd

gcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud ofgcb has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Gonna try to find some Rubicon tire/wheel takeoffs, Bestop soft top, and rock rails for the time being. Since my old lady is driving it, I can only do little things.
gcb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 01:41 AM #5
offcamber
The 'In' Crowd

offcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to behold

Shitbox that gets 15mpg? I get 18mpg on the highway on 35's. Stock it will easily get 20mpg.
offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 01:42 AM #6
offcamber
The 'In' Crowd

offcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to beholdoffcamber is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Why would you put longarms on to run 37's? Just put some PSC fenders on it and it'll run 37's stock.
offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 04:37 AM #7
abqtj
Cat6A 4 LYF!

abqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angelabqtj is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Shitbox that gets 15mpg? I get 18mpg on the highway on 35's. Stock it will easily get 20mpg.

That's a liberal use of the word "easily"
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 08:02 AM #8
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

37s on a dana 30?
It'll be funny when the court documents show that I had you blocked for years on Facebook and LinkedIn for suspected stalking of me and my family, and it will be funny when it's proven that you did when they subpoena FB for your records. You've made me fear for mine and my families safety.
60JywpYgiphy

19929291804 37e6af519b o
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 10:34 AM #9
Wharf Rat
Ooomph Ooomph

Wharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by offcamber View Post
Yeah but combined mileage with 75% highway I get, well, 15.
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 10:44 AM #10
Hooligan
On fleek

Hooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfectHooligan is damn near perfect

I like that color. I'd keep the steelies and put some RIG tires on them. I like that look.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 11:02 AM #11
miwico
Enemy of Brock

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

That will do everything you need it to do.
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 11:37 AM #12
Wharf Rat
Ooomph Ooomph

Wharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angelWharf Rat is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by miwico View Post
That will do everything you need it to do.
Except get out of the shop before 2.5 weeks are up.

Wharf Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 11:42 AM #13
miwico
Enemy of Brock

miwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angelmiwico is an angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wharf Rat View Post
Except get out of the shop before 2.5 weeks are up.

That has to be an anomaly.
miwico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 11:49 AM #14
Wharf Rat
Ooomph Ooomph

Quote:
That has to be an anomaly.
NO MAN IT'S JUST CUZ IT'S NOT A 4.0L
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 11:50 AM #15
miwico
Enemy of Brock

Quote:
NO MAN IT'S JUST CUZ IT'S NOT A 4.0L
MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO CONSIDER A 600HP LS SWAP, IT'S DESIGNED FOR THAT SHIT YOU KNOW.
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 12:02 PM #16
Wharf Rat
Ooomph Ooomph

Quote:
MAYBE YOU OUGHT TO CONSIDER A 600HP LS SWAP, IT'S DESIGNED FOR THAT SHIT YOU KNOW.
GO READ THE BEGINNING OF MY 2012 JK THREAD. I THINK IN THERE BROCK WAS GOING TO DO THE FIRST EVER LS SWAP TO A YJ BACK LIKE 3 YEARS AGO. HE WAS THE PIONEER. WAIT NEVER MIND HE NEVER ACTUALLY TURNED A WRENCH ON THE THING AT ALL.

Old Tue 06/09/2015, 12:08 PM #17
miwico
Enemy of Brock

Quote:
GO READ THE BEGINNING OF MY 2012 JK THREAD. I THINK IN THERE BROCK WAS GOING TO DO THE FIRST EVER LS SWAP TO A YJ BACK LIKE 3 YEARS AGO. HE WAS THE PIONEER. WAIT NEVER MIND HE NEVER ACTUALLY TURNED A WRENCH ON THE THING AT ALL.

CAN BE COMPLETED OVER A LUNCH HOUR I HEAR.
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 12:22 PM #18
Brock
The 'In' Crowd

Brock has disabled reputation

You're right, I've never turned a wrench on any of the 5 jeeps I've had over the last 20 years. enjoy the new heads on your bolton queen

Last edited by Brock; Tue 06/09/2015 at 12:26 PM.
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 12:24 PM #19
Jeepnut28
The 'In' Crowd

Jeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfectJeepnut28 is damn near perfect

nice ride brutha!

I miss my old TJ at times.
Jeepnut28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Tue 06/09/2015, 12:35 PM #20
Wharf Rat
Ooomph Ooomph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock View Post
You're right, I've never turned a wrench on any of the 5 jeeps I've had over the last 20 years. enjoy the new heads on your bolton queen
I'M SORRY MY BOLT ON QUEEN CAN'T HOLD A CANDLE TO THAT BAD ASS 87 STOCK YJ RUSTING IN YOUR YARD THAT HASN'T MOVED IN A DECADE