LAST EXIT ON THE INTERNET

JUOT - Joe's Ultimate Off Topic > Off Topic (OT) > Off Topic (Public)

Notices

Off Topic (Public) Any thread don't mind being public (visible to guests and indexed by search engines) should be posted here. Be nice, these are posts people will see before they decide to join.

NOTICE Notice: This is an old thread. It was started 200 days ago, there may be recent replies. Consider making a new thread before posting.

Old Sat 12/10/2016, 04:31 AM #1
HHRLisa
Attention Whore

HHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Just a quick thank you

I received in the mail today an ancestry DNA kit. It said it was sent to me by the members of juot and amb. So I wanted to say thank you to whomever sent it. I'm very excited to send it in and get my results.

LbqlcLL
4f6be4260d02b815a16e1d0f80892973
HtHlRLY?1
HHRLisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat 12/10/2016, 07:01 AM #2
BirdOPrey5
JUOT Founder & Admin

BirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angel

Good luck with it.

One of the things they do is list "possible" relatives who have already given their DNA (and agreed to be listed) on your DNA Matches page.

I have literally hundreds of people listed, the majority distant cousins of course (like 5th and 6th cousins I've never heard about and will never ever know or meet) but on the first page are your closest matches. Parents, siblings, children, aunts, uncles, and 1st/2nd cousins. They are listed with like 99% accuracy and well all completely accurate in my case. Some people have their real name listed, some people just a username, some people have a small avatar photo, but if they are listed you can message them.
-Joe (This is Post #1,979,971)

After a time you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting...
BirdOPrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sat 12/10/2016, 07:14 AM #3
HHRLisa
Attention Whore

HHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of lightHHRLisa is a glorious beacon of light

Sweet. I am excited to check it out. Being adopted I'm excited to know what else is out there
Old Sat 12/10/2016, 11:57 AM #4
mojokat
coma toast

mojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to beholdmojokat is a splendid one to behold

well that sure is an interesting gift.

well done
Old Sun 12/11/2016, 12:13 PM #5
BlackDak
Banned

BlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angelBlackDak is an angel

Another tip, all the major DNA matching sites use their own databases. Some of them will let you import your DNA information from other sites
BlackDak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mon 12/12/2016, 12:23 AM #6
HHRLisa
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDak View Post
Another tip, all the major DNA matching sites use their own databases. Some of them will let you import your DNA information from other sites
Well I've never done anything like this before. And I'm not looking to spend money on other sites to be allowed to import my info. I'm just grateful for this opportunity.
Old Thu 01/26/2017, 07:15 AM #7
BirdOPrey5
JUOT Founder & Admin

BirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angelBirdOPrey5 is an angel

For those who chipped in, Lisa got her results, and again extends her thanks. There were some surprises, but unfortunately no close relatives identified.
BirdOPrey5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Thu 01/26/2017, 12:25 PM #8
HHRLisa
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BirdOPrey5 View Post
For those who chipped in, Lisa got her results, and again extends her thanks. There were some surprises, but unfortunately no close relatives identified.
Thank you!

e5f1256196fd23f2daf3274c50811932
Old Thu 01/26/2017, 02:37 PM #9
wct097
Burrito Syndicate

wct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angelwct097 is an angel

Lisa, were you looking for (or hoping to find) close relatives? You already know who your birth mother is, right?
Old Thu 01/26/2017, 02:40 PM #10
pirranah
pierced dingaling

pirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angelpirranah is an angel

OMG JOE.GOV WASTEFUL SPENDING
Old Thu 01/26/2017, 04:03 PM #11
HHRLisa
Attention Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by wct097 View Post
Lisa, were you looking for (or hoping to find) close relatives? You already know who your birth mother is, right?
No. I wasn't looking for anything specific. Curious about my history. And yes I know who my birth mother is. But she was an only child.