A year later and somewhat closer to doing the kitchen remodel. Hoping to get started late February, depending on when I get paid for some side work from 2014Q4.
Here is what the tile looks like in front of the refrigerator:
Here is the underlayment under a loose tile near the threshold going into the hall.
And a sketch of the layout that I'm using to determine material needs.
Starting over on my cost estimates. I was way
off on estimating what cabinets cost. Going to spend the next month and a half price shopping some things, but this is my basic plan:
* Gut the entire kitchen, removing floor down to subfloor, cabinets, counters, appliances (other than fridge which we replaced in 2013), and island.
* Hire hourly labor to help with (do most of) demo & rebuild
* Flooring - tile
* Cabinets - TBD (may hit up a member that offered to help with ordering)
* Counters - Some sort of low maintenance stone or higher end composite
* Appliances - Stainless look. Lowes 0% 6-18months / 10% off. No in-sink disposal. No gas, unless I can find the gas line under the subfloor relatively easily.
* Under cabinet lighting - TBD