• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Favorite web browser?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
it's the editor built into vbulletin, cannot be changed. wasn't changed until vb 4.1.4 I believe. Not webkit compatible.

There is a chrome extension that claims to add compatibility to VB forums but it sux, don't waste your time.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
Mozilla. It's a pretty secure and fast browser. They have firefox, waterfox, and cyberfox. If you do download them and your webpage turns out smaller than it used to, hit ctrl and the number zero, it'll resize. Firefox is for 32bit systems. Waterfox and cyberfox are for 64 bit systems.
I should correct my post above... I have never heard of water and cyber fox browsers. Firefox is my debug browser of choice.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
it's the editor built into vbulletin, cannot be changed. wasn't changed until vb 4.1.4 I believe. Not webkit compatible.

There is a chrome extension that claims to add compatibility to VB forums but it sux, don't waste your time.
And you can't write a modification to it or maybe even write your own Chrome extension? You are the resident genius you know.

Ralph

VIP
And you can't write a modification to it or maybe even write your own Chrome extension? You are the resident genius you know.
:nono:
Keep inflating that fckuer's ego, he'll turn in to Wanzy.

Is cyberfox any better on ram usage than Waterfox? I dumped Waterfox and have been using Chrome for that reason... just seems like it holds onto memory and doesn't let go. I feel more comfortable with the *fox browser though :shrug:

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
Chrome most of the time whether it is home, work, tablet, or phone. What is really funny is that I have 2 sites (one for work, one for my insulin pump) that HAVE to use IE, yet both have failed to update for IE10. The only way to get those sites to work is to add IE tabs to chrome :banghead:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It would practically be rewriting the entire software to mod the editor to one that is compatible with webkit (Chrome, Safari, Opera-Next) browsers.

The Chrome Extension idea is more novel, but I really have no experience in writing Chrome Extensions, wouldn't know where to start.

The other issue is even in browsers that are compatible I turn off the "WYSIWYG" editor because I much prefer the code-view standard editor when composing posts.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Mozilla Nightly
A pre-release version of FF which updates, as the name implies, nightly. Currently it's version 26.0a1 which is a few ahead of the current FF release :thup2:

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
I use Firefox on my Mac, for everything but my Apple GSX work.. I use Safari for that.