• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread v2

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Picked up some split bolts designed for mating copper to aluminum wiring for the cooktop. Will be hooking that up this evening after I get the plumbing finished.

Counters are in!

This pic...top right. I see it too, looks like track for a closet sliding door.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Oh.... that's the ceiling in the breakfast nook.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
It all looks good. Very much like my last kitchen, though I went Uba Tuba w/lighter cabinets and a darker floor.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
That's an interesting finish detail. So is the piece parallel with the opening header a valance or trim piece that finishes or transitions from painted wood casing/jamb to stained wood ceiling?

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Honestly can't remember. I thought the wood ceiling butted up against drywall, but maybe there is something else there. Will look in a bit..

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
thoughts....
There are some looks that are nice and modern, but I think that style of kitchen will go out of style in a few years.

You'll want to be very careful of the color pallet so that the kitchen doesn't get too dark - light backsplash, counters and floors.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
wifey wants grey kitchen cabinets.. thoughts.... she hates white and likes to be different
Grey is in right now. Paint colors, cabs, flooring etc. it's the most popular color scheme out there now. Our Domain project in San Jose used horizontal grain grey base cabs with matte white uppers, built in 2012 and was ahead of its time. It looks sharp. Current Sacramento project is mimicking SJ project, but matte grey vanities. The color scheme will remain popular for some time. I wouldn't sweat it.