• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

motorcycle shopping

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Super Tenere, is very well respected abroad.
It's just the Yamaha version of a V-Strom -- seems like a sideways shift to me rather than an upgrade. Big unwieldy appliance just like the bigger V-Strom is. If you're gonna upgrade, ****ing UPGRADE - KTM, Ducati, or BMW-style upgrade...

Last edited:

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
It's just the Kwak version of a V-Strom -- seems like a sideways shift to me rather than an upgrade. Big unwieldy appliance just like the bigger V-Strom is. If you're gonna upgrade, ****ing UPGRADE - KTM, Ducati, or BMW-style upgrade...

Really

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Just my take on it :shrug: I don't see the big V-Strom or the Super Tenere as any more capable at anything (other than maybe interstate riding) than his little V-Strom. They both just weigh more and have enough more power to kind of compensate for the weight. I wouldn't do it. There's a reason that the little V-Strom is vastly more loved than the big one. But the MultiStrada and newer KTM ADV series? Not a huge weight penalty, SHITLOADS more power - that makes more sense to me. Plus they both have adaptive suspension and engine shits, so they can act a little more nimble when needed, and a little more planted when wanted. I guess I'm just not one to "upgrade" sideways. Dunno.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I dunno either, the liter adv bikes are so close to one another. Not really putting the big wee in the same category though.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I dunno either, the liter adv bikes are so close to one another. Not really putting the big wee in the same category though.
The MultiStrada and smaller KTM is kind of in between, though. I don't know if that's good or bad, but it's different. Definitely not the big heavyweights like the typical liter adv bike.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
I'm going to ride an FJ-09 tomorrow, maybe an Africa Twin if I can find one. I think waiting for a lightly used Africa Twin to come below $9k would be the ticket.

I really like my Wee, but it just lacks the holy-shit-can't-close-my-eyelids power that I think would be a bunch of fun.

John

Transplant
VIP
I'm going to ride an FJ-09 tomorrow, maybe an Africa Twin if I can find one. I think waiting for a lightly used Africa Twin to come below $9k would be the ticket.

I really like my Wee, but it just lacks the holy-shit-can't-close-my-eyelids power that I think would be a bunch of fun.
I saw a douche riding a dual sport yesterday that looked like you. He was geared up in camouflage from head to toe and had and American flag on the bag. Some Suzuki pos, it sounded pretty weak

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I saw a douche riding a dual sport yesterday that looked like you. He was geared up in camouflage from head to toe and had and American flag on the bag. Some Suzuki pos, it sounded pretty weak

WTF kind of comment is this?

John

Transplant
VIP
I've never liked the serial killer. I've made that quite clear. He really did look like him is why I commented.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
I wear Hi-Vis, not camo.

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
Rode the FJ-09 and really like the power, not so much the pitched forward riding position. It would lift the front tire in 2nd gear without any clutch. Also went to Motorado and sat on a 1290 Adventure and Multistrada. Multistrada tank is way wide between the knees. 1290 was sweet but I'm not getting one.

The more I think about it I'll just keep my slow ugly suzuki. It's boringly reliable and I guess will keep me out of the kind of speeding ticket you get hung for.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Rode the FJ-09 and really like the power, not so much the pitched forward riding position. It would lift the front tire in 2nd gear without any clutch. Also went to Motorado and sat on a 1290 Adventure and Multistrada. Multistrada tank is way wide between the knees. 1290 was sweet but I'm not getting one.

The more I think about it I'll just keep my slow ugly suzuki. It's boringly reliable and I guess will keep me out of the kind of speeding ticket you get hung for.
Probably the wise choice. I never try to talk anyone out of buying a motorcycle, but I talk myself out of it daily. Hell, ask BIGMIKE how long I annoyed about buying a new truck. If you don't love it, don't do it. My current stable I sat on and knew without a doubt that I really really wanted them. I've sat on (and bought) several before and since that I was iffy on, and none of them are in my garage right now. That's the exact reason that I won't sit on a SuperDuke or Multistrada - I'm afraid I'll "need" them and will have to explain a checkbook entry to the wife.

The slow ugly suzuki is doing awesome stuff for you - you're clearly having a great time with it. Until something else blows your skirt up why change?

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I'm going to buy something in the next year, probably a tenere. I just like them. Was thinking about going some other routes too. We'll see.

I've never liked the serial killer. I've made that quite clear. He really did look like him is why I commented.
Wow. You couldn't even carry the kid's jockstrap. Get over yourself Talk about douches. How is the chick car pile of shit Audi treating you. Make any Starbucks runs for your superiors in it lately??