• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Zip Code 80085 (What state do The Simpsons live in?)

bstewart

What about Bob?
I realize this thread is 3+ years old, but I had to comment on the calculator humor. Not only can you spell "BOOBS" as 80085 and 58008 (calculator upside-down), but you can ALSO spell it as 60065 and 56006. We already know 80085 isn't used, nor is 56006. But I do find it interesting that 58008 is for a town named "Barney" and that 60065 is for a town in Illinois. While Springfield may officially have been based on a town in Oregon, I still fund the numerology of "BOOBS" and its zip code relationship to the Simpsons rather amusing!

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Saw this particularly interesting video trying to reconcile The Simpsons' timelines. It's not about where they live but close enough.

In other news the episode coming up March 5th is called Kamp Krustier, could this be a sequel to the popular Kamp Krusty episode? What else would it be?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
In other news the episode coming up March 5th is called Kamp Krustier, could this be a sequel to the popular Kamp Krusty episode? What else would it be?
Uggh. Generally disappointing, so much more could have been done with just the title "Kamp Krustier." Bart and Lisa could have gone back for the following summer, they could have been counselors, it could have been a different camp, it could have been new stuff going on during the first episode, but no... instead we get a bit of homer and marge while the kids were away, and PTSD following their return, and a final return to see Krusty turned the camp into an adult's retreat.

But worse than making what had potential to be a great episode into a mediocre one, they weren't even true to the original Kamp Krusty canon. Sideshow Mel was never at the camp and Martin Prince was at Fat Camp, he couldn't be in a play. (Guess you have to see it to make sense of it.)

This joke wasn't too bad... the lead in was Bart saying "... And now I'm glad everything is all right."

Trishie

I know this is REALLLLLLLLLY late, but I just came across this whenmy curiosity was piqued after watching this episode today. I figure that since the word was spelled "boobs" with a small "b", the zip code is 60065, which is a Northbrook Illinois zip code. I think they're in Illinois.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
no way, any other things that would make it Northbrook?

the house/neighborhoods don't fit Northbrook lol

I think this is the only forum on the Internet that doesn't flame people, especially newbs/first posts, for necro'ing a thread.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I never had an issue with "necro'ing" it's much prefered to multiple threads about the same topic.

Agreed. As long as it makes sense to bring back an old thread then do it. I just know other forums where people get all pissy about necroing no matter what the reason.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
I know this is REALLLLLLLLLY late, but I just came across this whenmy curiosity was piqued after watching this episode today. I figure that since the word was spelled "boobs" with a small "b", the zip code is 60065, which is a Northbrook Illinois zip code. I think they're in Illinois.
what do you want me to buy?