• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Nintendo Switch- I just don't get it.

ricktj

VIP
Could it be you don't get it because you don't leave your house? Not trying to be rude Joe but its designed for the gamer on the go.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Video quality doesn't seem to affect their sales. Nintendo does incredibly well and focuses more on the fun side of gaming rather than anything else.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I think the premium mobile system that keeps the fun parts of the Wii and can be HD when hooked up to a big screen is a great idea. The lack of games may kill it though.

It's not about cutting edge next gen graphics. It's about gaming wherever and whenever. Use it as a console, a handheld or a cool stand alone/table top game system. Nintendo has never been about competing with Xbox/PS consoles on gfx quality and high end specs with realistic games. Nintendo has always been more about fun to play, cartoonish games and often for the younger market. Really though, you need to compare it to tablet and/or handheld gaming systems and treat console mode as an extra feature.

It's a cool gaming system, but from what I hear it has some serious flaws. Putting it in and out of the console base apparently scratches up the screen. Problems with games locking up or gfx glitches. Apparently if you slide the controllers into the charger/strap things if you get them backwards they lock on and don't simply slide back off. When the controllers are attached to the tablet part they can be a bit wobbly.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Could it be you don't get it because you don't leave your house? Not trying to be rude Joe but its designed for the gamer on the go.
And where are you going to put it? A man purse? A fanny pack? Hold it all day/night?

Even at home I don't spend enough time to justify a video game console, but I still have one. It would never be the switch.

At one point in the video they're using a completely different controller, something closer to a PS3 controller, which has to be extra- that must be for the "serious" gaming. But then the games that work with both controllers in place on the side can't be the same games you play when you give on controller to a friend and you each play with one of the two controllers- that would have to be a different game since you lost half your control options.

I'm calling this now- Switch will go down as a relative failure.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
That "pro" controller is $60. No game is included with Switch, Zelda is also $60. So now you're at $420.

I almost bought one to flip, but I don't think I'll bother.

Ardvark

And where are you going to put it? A man purse? A fanny pack? Hold it all day/night?

Even at home I don't spend enough time to justify a video game console, but I still have one. It would never be the switch.

At one point in the video they're using a completely different controller, something closer to a PS3 controller, which has to be extra- that must be for the "serious" gaming. But then the games that work with both controllers in place on the side can't be the same games you play when you give on controller to a friend and you each play with one of the two controllers- that would have to be a different game since you lost half your control options.

Like the wii u

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP

You don't put it anywhere. You'll have to pry it out of your kid's hands.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I liked the PSP I have. It was close to console quality and I bought the discs used on eBay. I have the cable to hook it up the a flat screen as well. There just weren't enough games but it could double as a media player on long flights and such o_O

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
That's more believable than the commercial showing it used by twenty-somethings.
I work with twenty somethings who are still into some little kid shit. Legos, animated films, etc. It wouldn't surprise me if twetny somethings rolled around with one of these Nintendos in their satchels.