• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

CNN = Very Fake News

Yes the did.
I suppose it's all anecdotal, but no, the Rs I know did not piss and moan like the Ds I know are. It wasn't part of conversations you'd hear out in public, and the media was not fixated on it. You can make the argument that things like the birth certificate were more about throwing a fit than finding the truth, but that's nothing compared to the fit throwing going on now.

How many people publicly vowed to leave the country if Obama was elected? How many "not my president" protests were there after the last 2 elections? How many roads were shut down due to people crying about the election? How many news outlets were fishing for reasons to impeach before anything was done?

I'm sure that fear of being labeled a racist kept some would-be protesters quiet, but to say the Rs were crying after the last 2 elections to the same extent that Ds are crying now is just delusional.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
I suppose it's all anecdotal, but no, the Rs I know did not piss and moan like the Ds I know are. It wasn't part of conversations you'd hear out in public, and the media was not fixated on it. You can make the argument that things like the birth certificate were more about throwing a fit than finding the truth, but that's nothing compared to the fit throwing going on now.

How many people publicly vowed to leave the country if Obama was elected? How many "not my president" protests were there after the last 2 elections? How many roads were shut down due to people crying about the election? How many news outlets were fishing for reasons to impeach before anything was done?

I'm sure that fear of being labeled a racist kept some would-be protesters quiet, but to say the Rs were crying after the last 2 elections to the same extent that Ds are crying now is just delusional.
you just want your team to be better, stop being a child. this has been a somewhat decent conversation and now we are devolving back into nonsense. the not my president, obama is a muslim terrorist lizard king were just as rampant as today.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I'm still not ready to call "revealing truths" as "influence."

If the Democrats didn't do these things in the first place there would have been nothing to reveal. :shrug:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
you just want your team to be better, stop being a child. this has been a somewhat decent conversation and now we are devolving back into nonsense. the not my president, obama is a muslim terrorist lizard king were just as rampant as today.
Talking and bitching is different from blocking roads, having marches, screaming at people, beating people up, disrupting events, etc. Eight years ago it was the lunatic fringe doing those things very rarely. It made news because it was unusual. Sure tons of people were talking shit, but talking shit is acceptable. Hell, it's even encouraged.

Now the "news" fuels the fire and encourages such dumb****ery. If you aren't screaming at someone or walking down the middle of a highway you just don't care. I don't think it really has anything to do with D vs R, that just happens to be the current situation. That versus mentality is WAY out of hand now. It's at a fever pitch - it didn't start when Trump got elected, it started escalating around Obama's re-election.

People need a team for some reason. I think every country needs a real war every now and then to keep it tight, otherwise they start to divide and go to war with their fellow countrymen. I know we've been at war since 2001, but not one of those official wars where even the dipshit high school kids know it's happening. That's the kind we need - the kind with a draft and young know-it-alls having some real stake in it. Something to make Americans band together rather than pick each other apart. Something to help people realize that we aren't anywhere nearly as divided as CNN would have you believe.

As I said, anyone that thinks the amount of anti-Trump stuff going on today is at the same level as anti-Obama stuff after the last 2 elections is delusional. You don't have to like it, but you're fooling yourself if you can't see it.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
As I said, anyone that thinks the amount of anti-Trump stuff going on today is at the same level as anti-Obama stuff after the last 2 elections is delusional. You don't have to like it, but you're fooling yourself if you can't see it.
there are just more people that hate trump, he is less liked than obama.

there are just more people that hate trump, he is less liked than obama.
That might be true. Of course for this discussion we'd want to know why people hated Obama and why people hate Trump, but that seems to come down to the R or D near their name. Everything else is just a lame excuse to hate that person.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
I'm still not ready to call "revealing truths" as "influence."

Id the Democrats didn't do these things in the first place there would have been nothing to reveal. :shrug:
It becomes influence if you assume the other side does/did the same things and it wasn't revealed. Show one candidate's dirty laundry while not doing the same for the other can lead the gullible into thinking the second doesn't have dirty laundry.

For this case, we don't know enough to form a truly objective opinion. We can form one based on our own bias (Russia did/did not influence the election), but lacking all facts it's just not going to be objective.

I wouldn't assume Russia had anything to do with the e-mail leaks. Maybe? Maybe not?

Either way, the leaks certainly did influence the election regardless of the source. What will not and cannot be known is if it effected the outcome. Had the e-mails never been leaked would Trump have still won? I tend to believe so due to all the crap surrounding Clinton - corruption, scandals, private e-mail server (which was almost certainly hacked by Russians and Chinese any who knows who else), Benghazi....

Ardvark

The level of rhetoric of trump haters and the way they protest and demonstrate is much much worse than Obama haters.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Think about how sad it is that network television which reaches almost every single person in our country has taken a political side. How could anyone have a straight face when trying to convince us that they are non biased. The Russia bullshit is just that bullshit. They are working for the Dems and that's all they have.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
People need a team for some reason. I think every country needs a real war every now and then to keep it tight, otherwise they start to divide and go to war with their fellow countrymen. I know we've been at war since 2001, but not one of those official wars where even the dipshit high school kids know it's happening. That's the kind we need - the kind with a draft and young know-it-alls having some real stake in it. Something to make Americans band together rather than pick each other apart. Something to help people realize that we aren't anywhere nearly as divided as CNN would have you believe.
With the shit going on in Syria and the whackos in charge of China and NK, you just might get the war you are discussing.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Project Veritas|American Pravda CNN

Fake News Meltdown at CNN Retractions, Resignations and Outbursts | LifeZette

I love the fact that CNN is getting all stampyfoot over Trump effectively giving them the finger.

If CNN was humbled at all, it didn't appear so on Monday. The network has been sending a sketch artist to the White House to protest the off-camera press briefings.

CNN reporter Jim Acosta badgered and interrupted Sean Spicer, White House press secretary, several times on Monday about the lack of on-camera access at the daily briefings. Briefings became regularly televised in the mid-1990s. Spicer did not take a question from Acosta.

CNN officials have been especially irked about the lack of access from Trump.

Late Monday afternoon, at a White House event in the Rose Garden honoring Indian Prime Minister Narenda Modi, CNN's seat (usually in the front row) was moved to the back.

After asking White House staffers about the insult of sitting in the back, Acosta was moved to the front row.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
:shush:

Veritas was one of the team names on The Apprentice

jjj

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
I've noticed that as well - lots of liberals crying. Whole lotta butt-hurt Rs the last 8 years but they didn't piss and moan incessantly like so many Ds are now.
I think this is the norm now. People have decided that if they don't like something they will round up as many of their friends as possible and make the biggest stink they can until they get their way. It will only get worse. I seriously doubt Americans will ever truly be united again.

Ardvark

I flipped on CNN this morning just to see how bad they are granted I only watch for about five minutes but I didn't see anything horrific in that five minutes
I don't watch Fox News either the only new show I watch in the morning is Fox Business News and even that's got into entertainment feeling for me and not enough business feeling for me

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I flipped on CNN this morning just to see how bad they are granted I only watch for about five minutes but I didn't see anything horrific in that five minutes
I don't watch Fox News either the only new show I watch in the morning is Fox Business News and even that's got into entertainment feeling for me and not enough business feeling for me
CNN has noticeably scrubbed their main page of their website to remove every reference to "Russia". Indeed, if you go to their politics page, there are only a couple "Russia" headlines that could be, at face value, construed to be negative towards Trump. I think they're on notice after the last couple days and are trying really hard to shake the stigma of being a blatant misinformation arm of the DNC. If you looked at their page a week ago, it was dominated by Russia-Trump headlines.