• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Under the Dome season 2

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
The ending is a major letdown
The ending of the episode or the book? You've already mentioned in the book...

that the origin of the dome is never really figured out

but there is always a chance the writers of the show change the ending.

Canadian_gal

I actually just finished reading the book. I turned the show on shortly before I finished reading. I had to turn it off after 10 mins. It is so far from the book that they should have promoted it as "loosely" based on the book. There were events added that weren't in the book, the characters' personalities were completely wtong, and some characters were not even in it. I was disappointed. This show proves that books usually are far better than the movie or tv show. The creators of this show took way too many liberties while producing the show. The book was amazing and I highly recommend it. The show, even after only 10 mins of watching, is super lame. Any lameness of it can be blamed on tv producers as the book was very well written.

Last edited:

Canadian_gal

The ending of the episode or the book? You've already mentioned in the book...

that the origin of the dome is never really figured out

but there is always a chance the writers of the show change the ending.

Spoiler alert! Stop reading this post if you don't want the book ruined.

The impression I got from the book is that a bunch of leatherface aliens put the dome down to see what would happen. Very similar to kids using a magnifying glass against an ant, and setting them on fire. In the book, the characters use this metaphor for the dome. Just some bored alien kids torturing humans for entertainment.

Last edited by a moderator:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Spoiler alert! Stop reading this post if you don't want the book ruined.

The impression I got from the book is that a bunch of leatherface aliens put the dome down to see what would happen. Very similar to kids using a magnifying glass against an ant, and setting them on fire. In the book, the characters use this metaphor for the dome. Just some bored alien kids torturing humans for entertainment.
That at least makes some sense and it's something I could believe.

Whats going on with the show with the involvement of the military, hackers, firewalls, big corporations, psychic predictions, people back from the dead- it just makes no sense.

If the dome thing really happened the first thing that would happen would a constant stream of communication through the dome- first by visible means and eventually probably by IR once they found someone on the inside who could set that up.

I don't want to spoiler the show for too many people but...

Three people have now found the way out of the dome and more on the inside know how to leave and not one tries to tell everyone how to get out? The entire town can jump down the hole- what is the military going to arrest the entire town? Bury the egg in the middle of town if you don't want to bring it. In fact Barbie actively warns against leaving- Barbie- not everyone was a degenerate with a bunch of thugs looking to beat the shit out of them once they got home... lazy thugs who apparently forgot you double crossed them - again - once it became inconvenient to the story line.

At the very least give people who might be sick and going to die a chance to get out... There has to be more diabetics in that town than just the girl's mom who died- somehow they all have insulin now? God knows what other medications are running low- some people need to get out. If others want to stay, that's fine...

Also the obligatory- that's now ho firewalls work.

Canadian_gal

That at least makes some sense and it's something I could believe.

Whats going on with the show with the involvement of the military, hackers, firewalls, big corporations, psychic predictions, people back from the dead- it just makes no sense.

If the dome thing really happened the first thing that would happen would a constant stream of communication through the dome- first by visible means and eventually probably by IR once they found someone on the inside who could set that up.

I don't want to spoiler the show for too many people but...

Three people have now found the way out of the dome and more on the inside know how to leave and not one tries to tell everyone how to get out? The entire town can jump down the hole- what is the military going to arrest the entire town? Bury the egg in the middle of town if you don't want to bring it. In fact Barbie actively warns against leaving- Barbie- not everyone was a degenerate with a bunch of thugs looking to beat the shit out of them once they got home... lazy thugs who apparently forgot you double crossed them - again - once it became inconvenient to the story line.

At the very least give people who might be sick and going to die a chance to get out... There has to be more diabetics in that town than just the girl's mom who died- somehow they all have insulin now? God knows what other medications are running low- some people need to get out. If others want to stay, that's fine...

Also the obligatory- that's now ho firewalls work.

Reading that just made me so mad. NONE of that is in the actual book. I think a movie would have done the book justice, as clearly they are trying to extend/add things to make it a tv series. In the book, there is communication literally from the beginning. Barbie gets a call from a Colonial Cox, and is more or less constant communication with him throughout the book. I am so glad that I didn't get into the show first, and then read the book. I am very surprised at how popular it is, to be honest.

PS. Thanks Joe for fixing the "spoiler alert' thing. :mrwave:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I wonder if this show going to shit will have any effect on "Better Call Saul?" The guy who played Hank in BB said he wouldn't come back for it because he was on this and it was doing well.

I was intrigued by the concept at first, but I'm losing interest fast. Power crisis, food shortage, fresh water, fuel running low - what happened to all these things? Find a temp solution by the end of the episode and it's solved forever?
A complete weather system inside the dome that generates clouds and rain? Acid rain that is solved by dumping stuff in the lake? Region-wide deadly dust storms that are solved with a windmill and water hose? That whole "magnetic dome" episode... Pigs that happen to be carrying a deadly flu virus when the scientist chick is looking for a way to reduce population.. Air passes through the dome, but nothing from explosions, no water, no sound. Why would the military try to blow it up, not let anyone near it, cut off all communication in/out, etc?
I don't know why I keep watching it, but unless it improves quick I'm about done.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
It seems to follow the book the best I can remember. Stephen King worked on the tv script, so he wouldn't let it stray too far. The book got really weird at the end as well. How else would you logically explain a bigass dome?:rotflmao:

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
I was intrigued by the concept at first, but I'm losing interest fast. Power crisis, food shortage, fresh water, fuel running low - what happened to all these things? Find a temp solution by the end of the episode and it's solved forever?
A complete weather system inside the dome that generates clouds and rain? Acid rain that is solved by dumping stuff in the lake? Region-wide deadly dust storms that are solved with a windmill and water hose? That whole "magnetic dome" episode... Pigs that happen to be carrying a deadly flu virus when the scientist chick is looking for a way to reduce population.. Air passes through the dome, but nothing from explosions, no water, no sound. Why would the military try to blow it up, not let anyone near it, cut off all communication in/out, etc?
I don't know why I keep watching it, but unless it improves quick I'm about done.
the weather/oxygen issues become a big problem at the end :shush:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
It seems to follow the book the best I can remember. Stephen King worked on the tv script, so he wouldn't let it stray too far. The book got really weird at the end as well. How else would you logically explain a bigass dome?:rotflmao:
Worth reading? I'm almost at a point to need a next read anyway.