• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

finally switched from dsl to cable internet

Ralph

VIP
Yup. When it comes to residential broadband you can't beat the speed of cable, unless you have fiber.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
But can you tell a difference? I've had both and it wasn't like the server I was on for a download was giving me that kind of speed. All in all I see very little difference. :shrug:

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
Probably depends on what you are doing. I am reasonably certain I might see a benefit but I often am pulling down multiple large files from multiple locations....

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
AT&T is the lesser of two evils (vs TWC) so I will stick with DSL.

I kinda miss Windstream/Alltel at the old house. Rarely had an issue and if I did it was fixed promptly. Some of the nicest CSR's I've ever dealt with, too.

Ralph

VIP
AT&T is the lesser of two evils (vs TWC) so I will stick with DSL.

I kinda miss Windstream/Alltel at the old house. Rarely had an issue and if I did it was fixed promptly. Some of the nicest CSR's I've ever dealt with, too.
We have a local TWC office. Any problems, I go talk to the nice old ladies over there. They get shit done. AT&T here is a ****ing nightmare. The hand doesnt know what the foot is doing.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I had the opposite experience. Cox cable sucked. Now on DSL and have way better performance.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
But can you tell a difference? I've had both and it wasn't like the server I was on for a download was giving me that kind of speed. All in all I see very little difference. :shrug:
I regularly get 6 MB/s download at home on cable. :shrug:

Comcast called me recently with an offer that saved me an additional $100 over the course of my promotion with them and bumped my speed from 25m to 50. Damn thing is screaming now.