• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Duck dynasty done

Cornholio01

but you don't agree with the church period - so why does it matter to you?
I agree w/ it in principle - how folks benefit from fellowship & spirituality

People get off on being part of the herd - be it church, rock concert, a football game, whatever. I don't identify with that, but I understand it

its when people revert to their nature of finger pointing and hate on things they don't understand/that scare them that pisses me off.

My sis eating pussy is nowhere near the crime on society that thieving, murdering, etc would be. Its a victimless offense, if one at all.

Keep in mind I just got back from the south, where its prob handled far more poorly than your congregation. Knowing you here, I'm sure you're far more tactful in expressing your beliefs.

Ardvark

I agree w/ it in principle - how folks benefit from fellowship & spirituality

People get off on being part of the herd - be it church, rock concert, a football game, whatever. I don't identify with that, but I understand it

its when people revert to their nature of finger pointing and hate on things they don't understand/that scare them that pisses me off.

My sis eating pussy is nowhere near the crime on society that thieving, murdering, etc would be. Its a victimless offense, if one at all.

Keep in mind I just got back from the south, where its prob handled far more poorly than your congregation. Knowing you here, I'm sure you're far more tactful in expressing your beliefs.

Yes
I would put my arm around your sis, wipe her mouth off and tell her about Jesus, if she was open to the idea, I would help her to better understand how to live the life he requires.

I don't condemn anybody, but I also don't pretend that what they are doing is biblical, just so they feel good.

If they aren't up for some Christ in their life then I leave them alone

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
A&E had already told them to quit mentioning Jesus when they prayed. The Robertsons:clapping: refused and threatened to pull the show.
It would please me greatly for the Robertsons to tell A&E to shove it and quit over Phil being kicked off. Would please me even more to have them go to another network and get a new producer that can make an entertaining show without the same scripted reality BS that every other show has.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
It would please me greatly for the Robertsons to tell A&E to shove it and quit over Phil being kicked off. Would please me even more to have them go to another network and get a new producer that can make an entertaining show without the same scripted reality BS that every other show has.
They already have had discussions to move the show to CMT after the A&E people told them to quit mentioning Jesus because it offended muslims :shush:

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Marketable programing is thin; successful programming even thinner. They could be on another network in a few days.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I don't watch the show...

did A&E cancel it because they spoke out against gays?
I don't either but it's plastered on every****ingthing out there right now.

He just said he didn't agree with the gays and gave his biblical reasons why. No harm no fowl to me

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
He has an opinion, for that he must be reduced to the level of those he condemns with his silly words.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
They already have had discussions to move the show to CMT after the A&E people told them to quit mentioning Jesus because it offended muslims :shush:
Like they'd be safe on CMT. CMT is part of MTV Networks, they'd nix the anti-gay stuff as well. Or worse...they could come up with a Duck Dynasty/Jersey Shore spinoff.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
so you choose to be heterosexual
I may not be able to choose my desires, but I can absolutely choose to act upon them. For example, I may find a female attractive, but I choose not to act upon that attraction as I'm married and choose to be monogamous.

Likewise, I like to eat and enjoy it to excess, hence I'm overweight. I make the choice.

You can't argue that practicing homosexuality isn't a choice and thus those people are protected without saying the same thing about overweight people, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc. The only difference is that it's socially acceptable to be gay, but not socially acceptable to be a drug addict, or overweight, etc.

Aged Punk Shredder

First World Anarchist
I may not be able to choose my desires, but I can absolutely choose to act upon them. For example, I may find a female attractive, but I choose not to act upon that attraction as I'm married and choose to be monogamous.

Likewise, I like to eat and enjoy it to excess, hence I'm overweight. I make the choice.

You can't argue that practicing homosexuality isn't a choice and thus those people are protected without saying the same thing about overweight people, alcoholics, drug addicts, etc. The only difference is that it's socially acceptable to be gay, but not socially acceptable to be a drug addict, or overweight, etc.
so then your answer is yes, you choose to be hetero just as you choose to eat a pizza

BlackDak

Banned
VIP
In the end, Phil was discriminated against for his expressing opinion. For someone to draw a moral equivalence, between what he said and what A&E did just shows how intellectually deficit they are.