• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Oh my god... My long lost childhood Lego collection has been found!

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My cousin suspected they were in this garbage pail.. if you zoom in you can see some pieces near the top... a contrux piece and some Lego...

The tree had to die...

My cousin have some in a bin, mom will pick up next week.

I probably have a similarly sized lego collection, but maybe not quite as big.

How did it end up outside in a garbage can covered with crap?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I probably have a similarly sized lego collection, but maybe not quite as big.

How did it end up outside in a garbage can covered with crap?
Well when I was about your age and thought I knew everything and thought there were toys for children I put all my legos in a garbage can (had a cover at the time) and drove it to my aunt's house for my then young cousin to play with.

They had a nice shed in the back yard so the legos were kept nicely in there.

but while I was in college or soon after they had the shed town down. I thought they were thrown out and honestly it didn't phase me at the time.

So for over a decade I didn't ask about them and they didn't think about them.

I guess my aunt thought ahead enough not to throw them out, but just left them outside in the elements I guess.

My cousin who doesn't live there anymore buy goes by on weekends and such to help out noticed them and told me about them when he came by last week. He thought they were in that pail but wasn't sure- until today.

Well when I was about your age and thought I knew everything and thought there were toys for children I put all my legos in a garbage can (had a cover at the time) and drove it to my aunt's house for my then young cousin to play with.

but while I was in college or soon after they had the shed town down. I thought they were thrown out and honestly it didn't phase me at the time.

I guess my aunt thought ahead enough not to throw them out, but just left them outside in the elements I guess.

My cousin who doesn't live there anymore buy goes by on weekends and such to help out noticed them and told me about them when he came by last week. He thought they were in that pail but wasn't sure- until today.
You never grow too old for Legos. You just build bigger things.

I'm amazed that was never thrown away though. Have you thought about what you are going to do with them?

I had a ton of legos and construx as a kid. Construx were great if you wanted to build skyscrapers, but the legos were much better for detailed models. That is a helluva find joe.

theBucketeer

Your superior

What kind of people just leave bins of crap sitting outside for decades?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
3 batches cleaned so far...

Batch 1-

Batch 2-

Batch 3-

The mini-figures so far...

Some micro-machines mixed in...