• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

New Workstation Build v2015

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
Lots of small form factor machines (like really thin laptops) have been doing it for years. Most of the time it isn't pumped, but it still has juice, heat pipes, and a radiator. Use an inert, non-corrosive, non-conductive juice and WGAF. I've seen dorks build machines with the entire motherboard submerged just for the shock effect.
Apple has used liquid cooling for years.. I was just mocking his home build..

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Biggest mistake in this build is the Seagate drives. Literally every drive failure I've had in the last 10 years has been a Seagate drive. Will never purchase from them again. We're talking at least 5 laptop drives alone, not even considering 3.5" stuff. Absolute garbage.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
No discrete graphics card?

What type of work do you have planned for this workstation? Is this like a built muscle car with all the bells and whistles except with an automatic transmission and a grocery getter lifestyle?

Justin

Damn.
VIP
Biggest mistake in this build is the Seagate drives. Literally every drive failure I've had in the last 10 years has been a Seagate drive. Will never purchase from them again. We're talking at least 5 laptop drives alone, not even considering 3.5" stuff. Absolute garbage.
:rotflmao:

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
Everything about that build says "I need to look cool when I'm with my friends who play Call of Duty 12 hours a day." Could have saved $800 by skipping all the MAJOR LEAGUE GAMER parts. Unless you're overclocking hardcore all that liquid cooling stuff is just there for show.

And if you are engaging in teenage dick waving, you gotta work on that cable management bro.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
If my calculations are correct... you spent $3693.11 on a workstation? to do what? MS Word? :jump:

I could have bought (2+) "overpriced" high end Macs that will run circles around that thing and actually boot up.