• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Fixing up a Pole Barn

gcb

VIP
Real Slow "Shop Build":

The house we bought in January had a 22' x 22' pole barn with a very uneven dirt floor.

The slope from the South side to the North side was about 1'. In my efforts to turn this thing into a decent little shop, my first goal was to get it leveled out. I had a gravel guy come and do our driveway.
Before:

After:

I also got him to throw in some dirt and gravel and level the floor out. The previous owner finished the walls all the way to the ground, and it was pretty goofy. A few minutes with a chainsaw fixed that.

I plan on putting a lean-to on the "low" side, so I'll have more dirt and gravel going under the wall to have the lean-to ground the same height as the interior of the pole barn.

That's it so far. Next up is cleaning up how the pipe to the septic tank is run, somehow feeding power cable capable of 100A to replace the current 30A wire, and add concrete.

gcb

VIP
you're gonna want a concrete floor in there before long.
I want it NOW, but I promised the wife I'd remodel the master bathroom before I did anymore garage crap. I'll start a thread on that soon.

My plan right now is to build the lean-to so I can store stuff under it until the concrete gets poured (placed?). I'll try to do concrete in winter when I assume the concrete guys are begging for business.

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
No garage at this stage. We're working on ideas for how we can add. I want to make it attached with a master suite above but I'm not sure I can accomplish this desire.