• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Amazon Prime Day 7/15

what are you watching in 4k?
Since I don't have a 4k tv right now, nothing. When I get one in the near future, very little - probably just a handful of Netflix and Amazon Prime movies. However, I plan to keep this TV until it dies so come ask me the same question in 5 years.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
in 5 years, 4k will still be very limited and you'll have a 5 yr old tv you overpaid for for a feature you barely used

in 5 years, 4k will still be very limited and you'll have a 5 yr old tv you overpaid for for a feature you barely used
Meh, maybe. I need a TV, if I didn't I'd just keep my old florescent backlit 1080p. I'm pretty set on Vizio for the bang-for-the-buck option, and I'll be paying less for my next TV than I did for my old 1080p. I've been reading speculation and rumors of the 2015 Vizio P-series, I think I may try to hold out for one even if it means no-tv or using a computer monitor in my new house for a couple months. If rumors are true, they not only will be 4k and local dimming (given), but also the new Dolby Vision color/contrast capabilities. It's not like I'm dropping $8k on an oled TV, I'm looking at ~$2k for a 65" or dropping down to a sub $1,500 60".

Of course all this is moot if Amazon drops a 60"-65" UHD for a steal. I'll wait for a few months for a better TV at a similar price, but a current model for half price would be too good to pass up.

mnLiberty

JUOT
VIP
For all their hype, it is a bust.... I hope they made enough in new subscriptions to pay for the advertising they did. Flooded the radio markets here for two weeks.

All in all, I think it was a pretty good sale. Tons of stuff went for 40%+, lots of monitors, a handful of TVs, eleventy-billion watches.

Unfortunately for me, I didn't see a single deal I was interested in. I wanted a cheap ~40" TV and a 60"+ UHD TV, plus I'd have impulse bought an Android wear watch, maybe some shirts (didn't like the ones I saw), any craftsman 19.2v cordless tool I don't already have, and the wife wanted me to keep en eye out for a nice toaster oven and flatware (got rid of ours). Couple of the TVs were close, but for the things I was occasionally checking for, none were what I wanted. Oh well, I'll try again in 20 years.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
I had a pair of 12" powered PA speakers in my cart and then went on to read some reviews that weren't so great so I deleted them.

I may have been interested in one of the Crucial SSD's but I can always get another Samsung at Micro Center.

neevo

Limey Hippo
Amazon now advertsing Prime Early Access deals starting tomorrow at 7am

Is this another prime day or just another "benefit" of prime? Maybe it's a way of making amends for the useless deals they provided on their big day?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Amazon now advertsing Prime Early Access deals starting tomorrow at 7am

Is this another prime day or just another "benefit" of prime? Maybe it's a way of making amends for the useless deals they provided on their big day?
Not seeing any mention of this on the US site. :shrug: