• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Another one bites the dust

Mark

Ay Caramba!
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I drove the LJ it to Homey Depot last night. I had to jump start it...:wtf:
:jump:

Two weeks ago I wanted to drive mine to work, tried to start it and the battery was dead. Had to charge it to be able to drive it last week.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
My oldest daughter has already laid claim to the LJ. I will probably buy another one when the time comes for her to have a jeep. I also would like an unmodified CJ-7 or 8.

I'll sell you my 7. Take off the lift and remove the full roll cage and remove the fuel injection.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
:yup: I use one on my boat batteries. One week on battery A, one week on battery B, all winter.
I got a double output just to keep from having the switch things over. Now I just need one of the solar ones for the lawn tractor.

Ralph

VIP
I got a double output just to keep from having the switch things over. Now I just need one of the solar ones for the lawn tractor.
I was too cheap to do that last year... Maybe I'll invest in one this fall and put the single output on my VW battery.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
I was too cheap to do that last year... Maybe I'll invest in one this fall and put the single output on my VW battery.
I was just too lazy to keep swapping one since I had to remove both car covers, etc, etc, etc. Now they both stay plugged in and topped off. :oldman:

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
battery tender makes a wonderful product
And I have one, but the townhouse we currently live in is not conducive to leaving the tender on. Would have to remove the battery and that's a PITA. Fortunately, we are moving to a house in a month and I will be able to keep it plugged in all the time.

Ralph

VIP
I was just too lazy to keep swapping one since I had to remove both car covers, etc, etc, etc. Now they both stay plugged in and topped off. :oldman:
:beerchug: The batteries have to come out of the boat over the winter up here, otherwise they freeze. If you have access to power, you can plug in, but most boatyards won't let you do that.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I need to figure something else out. I rotate mine around three motorcycles, a brush mower, and a lawnmower. Four are close enough that I could use two dual-output units and cover those, then use my current small one on the mower on the other side of the garage. Then I still should put something on my golf cart and shit-machine that live outside.

Taz

SORRY N SHIT!
VIP
think i might get rid of both NINERS, keep the '93 base model, finish the 5 speed swap, and buy a full size truck.

Ralph

VIP
I saw my old ZJ recently. The people who bought it from me totalled it. It's sitting on the street in front of their house, maimed. Whatever happened ripped the front bumper and drivers headlight off, and tore up the entire drivers side, front to back.

Nobody takes care of your shit like you do.

RIP, old friend.

Last edited: