• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Photo help?

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
What is wrong with this picture? This is with a Canon Power Shot 130, lowlight setting:

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
pretty much everything
Thank you Capt. DUH!

Trying to not make the mistakes in manual mode that the auto settings do. Sunsets are a big frustration - when I finally get the settings just right the sun is gone. Dog nose on the lens had me :puzzled: for half a week.

:jump:

Also, I keep noticing those little "pixel" spots, mostly purple, some white. There was a spot of something the other dog got into that kept showing up in some shots, but usually it's just the image. Is the camera not loading those "pixels?"

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
SX, ELPH, or IS 130?

My SX260HS takes excellent pictures in manual mode. I've been using it for some HDR lately.

Try around 1/60 F11 ISO100. A lot of those cameras will default to auto ISO which if enabled is still doing what the camera thinks it should do...

Those should get you close depending on just how bright the sunset is but generally within 1-2 stops of there is close.

Here is one I took in Jamaica @ ISO 160, F/8 and 1/125 which is close to the above in equivalent stops...

Don't know where to start. So not going to bother. The former fatty, now skinny guy is correct about sunset pics. F8 and be there.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP

ISO 400, f3.4 +1, manual focus. Better?

After some good rain. I can't seem to hold the camera still as my TBI progresses. :( My tripod lost one of its rivets, so one leg is fully adjustable. I think I have a mold problem to eradicate as soon as I can climb a ladder (already sprayed bleach this morning).