• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Why does a federal judge get to decide Brady can play?

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Complete and utter waste of taxpayer money.
I detest people who constantly complain about "wasting taxpayer money" when a government is doing its job. This trial didn't cost the "taxpayer" any more than if they had been hearing another case. :jerkit:

Justin

Damn.
VIP
I detest people who constantly complain about "wasting taxpayer money" when a government is doing its job. This trial didn't cost the "taxpayer" any more than if they had been hearing another case. :jerkit:
Should a parent take a coach to federal court because the coach benched their kid?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
But they should never have heard it to begin with. It has nothing to do with the federal government.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
It'll be funny when teams play in cold weather at end of season and they find "deflated" balls.

It'll be funny when teams play in cold weather at end of season and they find "deflated" balls.
What? You mean to tell me that if I take a nice, soft, leathery football out of a 70 degree room, and leave it outside in the cold with a bunch of 300 lb men banging into it, that it might lose air pressure. Ridonkulous.

Ralph

VIP
It's a contract dispute with parties from different states. Hence the involvement of the federal courts. Simple. It is a legitimate function of government. Not to mention, it ain't like it's free to file a court case.

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
I'm not saying that it wasn't following protocol. I'm simply saying that it is a shame that something this trivial wound up in a federal court.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It's a contract dispute with parties from different states. Hence the involvement of the federal courts. Simple. It is a legitimate function of government. Not to mention, it ain't like it's free to file a court case.
The contract no doubt has means of resolving disputes and if the resolution is that the commissioner makes the final decision, then that should be where it stops. No one involved here is fighting for their livelihood. It's just how much more money does a rich person get. Should have been laughed out of court. If you don't like the NFL's decision, don't play for the NFL.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
So you are saying the nfl is not subject to the collective bargaining agreement they entered into with the nflpa? :puzzled: