• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

FX - The People vs. OJ Simpson

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP

First episode aired last night, best I can tell there will be 5 episodes.

The first episode ended with the beginning of the car chase.

They are 100% telling the story as if he was guilty and got away with it.

Dialog also seems to go out of the way to not make the white people seem racist in anyway... So much so it was unbelievable.

If I was describing who OJ was to someone who claimed she didn't know who he was I would have said "The black guy in The Naked Gun" not "he was in The Naked Gun" that isn't helpful if you don't know who he is.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Wow Wikipedia lists 5 with the 4th being called "100% Not Guilty" and the 5th "The Race Card." I wonder how much further they can go. It is after all called The People vs. OJ Simpson, the civil trial shouldn't be a part of it.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Ugghhh "100% Not guilty" is just jury selection? This is going to be a slow moving show.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
btw, it's officially listed as "American Crime Story" and this set is "The People vs OJ Simpson"

So maybe this series will tackle other high profile cases in the future. That would be great!

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Actually been enjoying it, especially knowing how it ends.

Curious how true to life it is. Did the defense really redecorate OJ's house? Did OJ really yell at the black prosecutor for sitting on his bench? Did the the older white guy prosecutor really have a heart attack during opening statements?

Stuff I want to know but not enough to look them up.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Yeah, Diane is completely engrossed in this thing. She loves it.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
worth watching? I wait until the shows all download on droidtv and binge them when I have time.

I just finished Mr. Robot which was excellent; very inspired by the Stanley Kubrick movies.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Love how the turd cop kept this as his personal souvenir. He needs to go to jail for a while, on something like tampering with evidence, or obstruction of justice, or something.

:nono:
Don't see why, even if that knife was dripping with blood OJ couldn't be retried. It's a waste of taxpayer money to even have it tested, unless the real killer purposely buried it on OJ's property.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Don't see why, even if that knife was dripping with blood OJ couldn't be retried. It's a waste of taxpayer money to even have it tested, unless the real killer purposely buried it on OJ's property.
Even if he had never been tried, the chain of custody issues wouldnt allow charges to be brought

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Closing a case that is open is NOT a waste of taxpayer's $$