• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Best years for XJ, ones to avoid?

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Second gen Durango? That's what I ended up with when I was hunting down Grands. Mine has the nv144 AWD transfer case that performs decently.
There just aren't any around here, seen a few Gen 1, but not clean ones.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
Saw the unicorn today, not for sale.

97+ XJ 2dr, 4.0 5spd...in black

I left a note, you never know.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
As in you got one.

Yes, sorry I meant to type more there.

'07, 150K miles, 3.7 Sport.

The good: White, exceptionally clean for the year and miles, no sunroofs (never a fan), nothing is broken or cracked, every last thing works.

The bad: Gray interior, Chrysler product.

$5700 by the time the dust settled, I'm happy with it.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
A vehicle the jeep ceo described as the worst mistake jeep ever produced with 150k miles? This should end well jjj

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
The only nice looking commander that I've seen had a lift kit and bigger tires. :thup2:
By nice looking, I meant clean / well cared for. I don't recall ever seeing one modified.

I would never consider owning a Jeep Commander after having one as a rental.

nophun

nicht keinen Spaß
VIP
A vehicle the jeep ceo described as the worst mistake jeep ever produced with 150k miles? This should end well jjj
This group will without fail find something wrong with every vehicle decision buying decision ever made, hell if JUOT were Kelly Blue Book we'd all be walking. This vehicle will be around far past when I'm tired of looking at it, will serve it's purpose well. There's always a worse decision to make, I could have bought that Land Rover.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
This group will without fail find something wrong with every vehicle decision buying decision ever made, hell if JUOT were Kelly Blue Book we'd all be walking. This vehicle will be around far past when I'm tired of looking at it, will serve it's purpose well. There's always a worse decision to make, I could have bought that Land Rover.

Brock's just mad because his jap mobile failed him on his last trip to CO. Not being one to give up he's going to make the same mistake twice. Your commander will treat you well. 150k isn't terrible for vehicles these days.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Sergio said:

“That car was unfit for human consumption,” Marchionne said of the Commander. “We sold some. But I don’t know why people bought them.”
BUT he thinks dumping huge amounts of money into a re-launch of Alfa Romeo is a great idea.