• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Gonna be saying goodbye to the ZJ

John

Transplant
VIP
WTF is the point of buying a 2wd RAV4? Especially a 4 cylinder. The only reason to buy a RAV4 is for the V6. Otherwise there are a lot better options out there.

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
punch yourself in the groin. dew it now :panic:
You've seen my new car. A vagina transplant comes with it.

WTF is the point of buying a 2wd RAV4? Especially a 4 cylinder. The only reason to buy a RAV4 is for the V6. Otherwise there are a lot better options out there.
Ease of maintenance and cost, mainly. FWD with snow tires isn't bad and I don't do highway commuting much. The fun-to-drive factor is irrelevant. So what's your suggestion that isn't a large SUV?

RAV4--yes
CRV--yes, other than bad Honda transmissions
4Runner--expensive
Pathfinder--too big
Forrester--small and mid '00s have issues
Escape--shit as far as I know
Sante Fe--cramped and junky feeling
WJ--LOL

I've heard good things about the Sorento and Outlander but I really don't know jack shit about them. And Isuzu and Suzuki are dead in the US

John

Transplant
VIP
The sorento was shit till the 11 model. How is a R50 pathfinder bigger than a 4runner? Maybe marginally but not enough to make a difference.

I'm not even going to entertain the idea of buying a Fwd SUV in MA. It's not worth discussing

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
JFC this piece of shit won't go away. Drove it all through the winter. Every time you close a door there's a pile of rust on the ground underneath. :jump: