• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Lifted the WK2...what was I thinking?

A while back the wife won a $500 gift card to 4wheel parts. She decided she wanted to lift her ecodiesel so we dropped it off yesterday to let 4 WP lift it...yeah I know! why?

They called us right after dropping it off to tell us that OME left out some of the shock hardware and it would have to be overnighted so we'd be leaving it. Today on the way to pick it up, the phone rings and they tell us that on their test drive the ABS light came on and their scan tool can't communicate with the WK2 to tell what the problem is. Our choice is to either let them take it to the dealer to get scanned or we could do it and they would reimburse us. Not wanting to screw with them any more, I told them we'd pick it up and take it in ourselves. Picked it up and drove it home with the new 275/65R20's on it (right at 33"). Pullin into the neighbor hood and the drivers rear made a horrendous rattle as though the shock was loose. So back to the shop in the morning. Should have done the lift ourselves. Laziness bites again!

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I see nothing wrong with this endeavor. The Grand Cherokee is a very capable machine.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Nope. It's the wife's. Taking it to Colorado and towing my JKU with it this year so the wife wanted to lift it. It's only about a 50mm lift.
You're gonna tow your JKU to Colorado with that thing?!

Have fun!

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
I'm sure it is

That doesn't mean it will be fun towing something uphill for 11ty billion miles. It might get out of 4th gear once or twice along the way :beerchug:
But one of the advantages of living here is most of the time you can coast home. :jump:

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
Nope. It's the wife's. Taking it to Colorado and towing my JKU with it this year so the wife wanted to lift it. It's only about a 50mm lift.
We are full, sorry :(

You can reapply when you take those gawdawful rummz off of it.

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Nice. If I didn't have QL, I would consider a lift for the WK2. I likely wouldn't have gone for tires as big as what you all chose, but I like it. I'm running 32s on the WK2 in stock form. Any bigger, even with a lift, and I fear you'd rub while articulating.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Loaned my friend the XJ while his POS Taurus is in the shop...he sent me a text saying he was surprised how well it rode. 3" Zone lift and 31" Duratracs.

I stayed outside while he drove away, damn that RIG looks good going down the street.