• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Quadratop

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
First impression. Not good. Not nearly as tight as my 10y/o worn out Bestop sailcloth top. Doors don't seal right and I can see daylight through some of the stitches. I give it a 60% chance of leaking.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Should have gone with the Bestop sailcloth. I like the Trektop NX but need to open the rear window too often.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Trektop looked like more of a hassle to open and close the back window. Anyway, the reviews I read on the Quadratop being on par with the Bestop sailcloth top were way off.

mcatdtJEEP

I got the frameless soft top. Love it. The back windows even zip up into a bag you can store over the back seat

I HAVEN'T Even used the 3 back windows yet, but the top itself I have no complaints with so far

Wharf Rat

Ooomph Ooomph
VIP
Trektop looked like more of a hassle to open and close the back window. Anyway, the reviews I read on the Quadratop being on par with the Bestop sailcloth top were way off.
For the Trektop NX you just slide 2 zippers, pull the tailgate bar out and slide the window out. Not hard.

I will say the quality sounds similar to what you got though. Mine is about beat after 2 years.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
No top, no doors. The YJ has two sailcloth tops, one never opened and sent to me by mistake at no charge. Thanks Quadratec.

John

Transplant
VIP
I never bothered to remove my doors but I used to run no top with the front panels only. It worked great. Even if I got caught in a rain storm I remained relatively dry if I rolled all of the windows up.

I never bothered to remove my doors but I used to run no top with the front panels only. It worked great. Even if I got caught in a rain storm I remained relatively dry if I rolled all of the windows up.
Is that what a buddy had on his JK, just the "front" of the hard top....

If so...:rockz: ****, I'd run that most of the year out here.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Is that what a buddy had on his JK, just the "front" of the hard top....

If so...:rockz: ****, I'd run that most of the year out here.
hell yeah

Once we get out of this stupid wind season I may do that for a bit here.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Ordered the Quadratop Premium Sailcloth Replacement Top & Upper Doors last week and received it Saturday morning. At $439.99, I figured it would be a stellar deal, even if it didn't last as long as the more expensive Bestop offerings.

I read several reviews that gave it a thumbs up, but maybe I didn't dig deep enough.
quadratec - quadratop Reviews, Ratings, Specs & Prices
Quadratop Installed (Review Pics) - Jeep Wrangler Forum

I installed the top on Saturday. My first impression was that it wasn't nearly as tight fitting as my 8-10 year old Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-top that it was replacing. The top itself seemed fine on initial fitment, but upon installing the windows I could see a huge difference. When I installed the rear side windows, I was shocked that I didn't have to muscle them in.

On my old, worn out, top I would have to start with the top zipper, then attach it to the door surround, then pull on the back part as I pulled the zipper around the top corned and down towards the body. The result was a nice taut fit. With the Quadratop, the windows took no effort to install and the piece that fits into the channel on the door surround has slack in it.

The bigger problem was the half door skins. I installed them per the instructions and found the fit to be very poor. The front corners didn't line up well, and the frame actually poked a hole through the passenger side stitching when I was working on getting the top rear corner in. When closed into the bare door surrounds, they looked OK, but with the loose fitting top attached to the door surrounds, the foam rubber hangs up and sticks out at a funny angle. It actually gives some spring action to the door when you go to open it.

On the first test drive, I was pleasantly surprised that it seemed on-par with the old sailcloth top in terms of flapping and noise at highway speeds. I figured that with the loose fit, it would flap a lot more. That didn't seem to be the case.

Yesterday it rained most of the day. When I opened the door to leave work I found a puddle on the inside of the door. Turns out that this top leaks worse than the old top that it replaced.

Big thumbs down from me. Going to see about returning it for a refund towards either the Bestop Replace-a-top or the Trektop NX.

Choices are:
Bestop 79121-01 - Bestop Wrangler TJ - Quadratec
Bestop Wrangler TJ - Quadratec

Leaning towards the Trektop NX.

mcatdtJEEP

the trektop looks very similar to what I have in that frameless soft top..... but my top can't flip back (which I don't want because of my fair skin, anyways) how important is that feature to you? because the price difference is 600$ between that one and the one I got., the Rampage soft top
Rampage Products 109517 - Rampage Products Frameless Trail Top with Tinted Windows for 97-06 Jeep Wrangler TJ - Quadratec

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
There's a world of difference in the BEstop one and the other frameless ones out there. I had a Viking one (the original frameless) and wouldn't think twice about buying another bestop frameless if I needed one.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
Still running a 10+ year old Supertop. Hardware is starting to get a little loose but it doesn't leak. It gets stored inside for winter, maybe that's an advantage.

I am kind of leery of the supposedly cheap top options. Not a big fan of Q-tec either, probably wouldn't but that top even if the reviews were stellar.

Last edited:

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Sailcloth is a requirement for me. Don't care about the flip top crap. I thought I read that the Trektop NX was on par with Bestop Sailcloth top in terms of weight. If anything, the Quadratop has made me more wary of the lower cost tops out there.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Sailcloth is a requirement for me. Don't care about the flip top crap. I thought I read that the Trektop NX was on par with Bestop Sailcloth top in terms of weight. If anything, the Quadratop has made me more wary of the lower cost tops out there.
It is