• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

2015 Ford F-150

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
They made some changes to the 5.3l since mine, but I couldn't really tell with mine unless I was looking for it (or looking at that display screen). It was pretty slight. The engine sounds slightly different too. Chrysler's system is a little bit more seamless.

Have you noticed it too? He could be neurotic about it or there could actually be something wrong with it.
I never noticed it until he pointed it out. But, I wasn't driving it and I didn't pay $29,000 for it. So I understand where he's coming from.

John

Transplant
VIP
If you can't stay out of the boost, you'll always get shit mileage. However it's too damn fun. EcoBoost can sound decent with the right exhaust.
Exactly, whats the fun in that?

I never noticed it until he pointed it out. But, I wasn't driving it and I didn't pay $29,000 for it. So I understand where he's coming from.
If you didn't notice it till he pointed it out, then it is normal.

jif

A bit nutty
Like what? Engines are insanely powerful for much less displacement these days. I don't know why everyone is so stuck on old engine tech, it wasn't for shit compared to what's available these days.
Like the recent post about Ford and GM removing the rear bumpers, spare tires, and center consoles to decrease the curb weight and increase it's rated load capacity. I like the use of forced induction. It's about time that we caught up with the rest of the world. I think the 3.5L is a great engine for your average Joe. But I worry that the 2.7L is too small. I think that in their effort to increase their MPG's and gain attention from using a small engine that they might have gone too small.

kthrash

I have Automotive A.D.D.
VIP
My ecoboost does not get any better gas mileage than my friends with the V8, however mine will out tow the V8 all day long.

On the Aluminum vs Insurance thing.. all of my Jaguars were made of aluminum and none were more expensive to insure than my F150 is...

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Like the recent post about Ford and GM removing the rear bumpers, spare tires, and center consoles to decrease the curb weight and increase it's rated load capacity. I like the use of forced induction. It's about time that we caught up with the rest of the world. I think the 3.5L is a great engine for your average Joe. But I worry that the 2.7L is too small. I think that in their effort to increase their MPG's and gain attention from using a small engine that they might have gone too small.
Turbos should be mandatory on every engine by law.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
I can't stand any car makers propaganda. They have been bullshitting us for years. And that .8L is quite a bit of displacement to lose off an already small engine.
Sounds like you've bought into too much hype and ended up with pieces of shit. Big shocker there, we all met each other on a ****ing Jeep message board. In this day of internet and overloads of info you can only blame yourself for ending up in shitty vehicles, not propaganda.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
2.7L makes 375 ft-lbs @ 3000 RPM. Should have a nice flat torque curve.

Given the 700 lbs weight reduction, I bet it's just as 'fast' as the current 5.0L trucks.

2.7L also gets stop-start standard so the city MPG's should be pretty good.

John

Transplant
VIP
Yeah, "fast" is right. The 5.0l in the trucks sounds great, but its not fast by any means. Its fine though, it feels like a 5.3l to me.

FinlayZJ

Doing hoodrat things
VIP
Yeah, "fast" is right. The 5.0l in the trucks sounds great, but its not fast by any means. Its fine though, it feels like a 5.3l to me.
2011 F-150 5.0L SuperCrew 4x4 - 6.7 seconds 0-60.
2014 Silverado 5.3L Crew Cab 4x4 - 6.7 seconds 0-60.

That's actually pretty damn good to 60 for a truck.

When I was 16 my dad had a '93 Ford Probe GT. That car ran 0-60 in 7.0 seconds and it was quick for its day.

Edit: My Mazda 3 does 60 in 7.6 seconds. :rotflmao:

Last edited:

jif

A bit nutty
Sounds like you've bought into too much hype and ended up with pieces of shit. Big shocker there, we all met each other on a ****ing Jeep message board. In this day of internet and overloads of info you can only blame yourself for ending up in shitty vehicles, not propaganda.
No, I have never bought any of it. It just wears on my nerves. The worst was that stupid Toyota commercial with the truck climbing the tower that had flames all over it. Completely irrelevant and annoying. The truck manufacturers are all claiming to have the most powerful engine. But only for certain criteria.... I don't know who would believe any of this crazy bullshit.

John

Transplant
VIP
2011 F-150 5.0L SuperCrew 4x4 - 6.7 seconds 0-60.
2014 Silverado 5.3L Crew Cab 4x4 - 6.7 seconds 0-60.

That's actually pretty damn good to 60 for a truck.

When I was 16 my dad had a '93 Ford Probe GT. That car ran 0-60 in 7.0 seconds and it was quick for its day.

Edit: My Mazda 3 does 60 in 7.6 seconds. :rotflmao:
I only drove them at 5k'+, they weren't that fast. Most vehicles take a hit at that altitude though.

Although, my main beef with them is that Ford has so much torque mgt on them that you can't spin the tires worth a fawk. Same with the 5.3l and the 3.5l ecoboost to be fair. The 5.7l Rams were the ones that you could do some serious brake stands with. /Taz.
jjj

When I was in HS, I actually wanted a Probe GT :drownz:

Mike

VIP
I hooked a 21' boat to my Ram over the weekend. Handled it fine, plenty of power to spare. Even with coils in the rear it didn't sag much at all. I think it weighed close to 6k lbs combined.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
F250 with a 460 and granny 4 spd and you've got a real man's truck :rockz:

Also notice the dual tanks so that you can get all the way home from the gas station at 7 mpg. :jump: