• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

So what's the JUOT-approved washing machine brand?

Ralph

VIP
I was looking at that one. I kind of like everything I see so far.
We actually printed out the cycle guides for both the washer and the dryer and posted them on the basement wall behind the units.

Use VERY LITTLE of the HE detergent or liquid fabric softener. Wifey is still getting used to that. You need tablespoons, not cups. Another thing - if you are going to use the two fastest spin speeds on these new washers, you will have to dry the clothes because they'll have wrinkles spun into them. God damn thing spins so fast it makes you go :loopy:. Anything even remotely delicate, LOW SPIN.

The schleps at HD pretty much said "buy the one you think looks prettiest" because they don't see many problems with any of them as long as you follow the directions.

Use VERY LITTLE of the HE detergent or liquid fabric softener. Wifey is still getting used to that. You need tablespoons, not cups.
Extra true if you have a water softener. I'm not aware of any problems with using the full amount, but we use a lot less than the recommended amount on the bottles (that want you to use it all up and buy more).

About the only thing I've noticed is I have some shirts and my Vibram shoes that say NOT to use liquid fabric softener. I use it anyway, very small amount, and after a while they start to get a certain smell. Not good, not bad, just a noticeable scent. One wash without fabric softener and they are back to normal.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Bought a Samsung at Lowes. Was $1099 on sale for $699

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium

It's fun for about a month, after that it's SHUT THE **** UP WHY DID YOU TAKE SO LONG I JUST FELL ASLEEP ARGHHHH!

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
No one in town could get me a Maytag until the 18th-22nd...no thank you

neevo

Limey Hippo
I have LG and have been very happy with them.

The most important lesson I have learned with front loaders is to NOT use the liquid detergent. It creates a gunk in the machine that makes the unit stink as well as your clothes. After much online research for a solution I learned that the powdered detergent dumped right in the drum solves the problem entirely.
The easy fix that I found is to do a hot wash about every 8-10 loads which cleans out the gunk in the machine.
Using white vinegar as a softener also helps if you dont mind your clothes smelling of it until they are dry

themonk

ex-monk.
VIP
The easy fix that I found is to do a hot wash about every 8-10 loads which cleans out the gunk in the machine.
Using white vinegar as a softener also helps if you dont mind your clothes smelling of it until they are dry
I use white vinegar in every load. Smell is mild.