• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Kitchen Remodel Thread

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Granite gets installed on Thursday. I'm back at work full time so I can only work evenings and weekends now. I'll be doing more drywall work tonight and tomorrow and then I'll put the doors back on. Plumbing work on Thursday night and trim work on Saturday/Sunday. Then paint.

Ardvark

White grout in kitchen is brave.
you do all the tile work?
I have similar tile in my bathroom and I like it alot

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Any particular reason you didn't run the new tile into that bathroom?
We didn't want to touch the powder room as part of this renovation. The tile in there is in good condition. However, in retrospect, it may have been good to run the tile in there for continuity sake.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
White grout in kitchen is brave.
you do all the tile work?
I have similar tile in my bathroom and I like it alot
The grout color is officially "pewter" but I agree, it came out looking more white than I anticipated. Yes, I did all the work in the kitchen, including the tile work. My father-in-law was my helper throughout, but really only a helper.

Schnervel

O'Doyle Rules
VIP
Is that the final color of the walls looks kinda like a wanzy kitchen
Negative. The counter tops get installed on Thursday and we will select a new wall color at that time. At the moment, we are thinking something in the tan/sand pallet.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I did not add a modifier to the grout, but it was $$ grout, not the same stuff you get at Homey Depot.
FWIW, the poly modifier will render the durability of epoxy, but the install wil remain easy like a sanded or unsanded grout.

I don't use HD grout either.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Looking good..... not looking forward to my project.