• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Anyone know where I can find this jeep part?

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
There's a plastic bushing on the seat riser in my unlimited that's part of the fold and tip feature. It's worn out and causes my seat to wobble and it's aggravating as hell. I've been searching online but I can only find two threads that reference it. One thread went dead and the other guy ended up buying some shoulder washers and modifying them to fit. Here's that thread. It shows a good picture of what I'm talking about.

TJ fold and tumble seat nylon shimbushing? - Jeep Wrangler Forum

I could always do what he did but I'd rather just find the part if possible. Any ideas?

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
No. It's part of 16 in that picture. It's the bushing on the torx head that slides in the slot on the seat base.

I must have grabbed a potato instead of my phone when I took that pic. I'll repost a better pic.

Last edited:

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Ah, got it.

You might be stuck with a U-Pull It junk yard

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
That's what I figured. You think if I had someone machine one out of brass it would hold up to sliding against steel?

Al Johnson

Northwoods Hillbilly
VIP
That's what I figured. You think if I had someone machine one out of brass it would hold up to sliding against steel?
Brass will wear too, but might last longer than the nylon did. Keep brass greased and it should be good. You would probably do best with Delrin. That stuff is quite amazing.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
Delrin is used in many applications like that. It's a slick machinable plastic. My dad is a master machinist and loves delrin. All plastic stock in his shop is delrin.

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Useless side note - you could really **** someone up with one of those Delrin rods. Dad uses them in his machining and I picked up one that was probably about 3' long and maybe 1-1.25" diameter. It would be horribly over-priced for a whooping stick, but it would do the job pretty well.

whiskey tango

warmonger
VIP
Yeah, it's not cracked but I want to pull the seat risers apart and clean up all the surface rust in the near future. I have some por15 I could use on it.

Last edited: