• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

So the sugar industry paid scientists to blame fat for health problems 50 years ago

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
50 Years Ago, Sugar Industry Quietly Paid Scientists To Point Blame At Fat The Two-Way NPR

Read this. While a genius move for the sugar companies- wonder how many lives were lost, how many billions were wasted over the decades because "the science was settled" that fats were the problem?

Think to yourself- how is it that scientists, people who are held to some higher standard in our minds, as if scientists are above reproach, were able to create the results the people paying them wanted them to create?

How was the money trail kept quiet for so long? Even 20 years ago people who started claiming fats weren't the problem, sugar was, were still considered kooks. Atkins is still considered a "fad" diet.

So we know, it can be done. Unseen forces can manipulate scientists and science to make the false seem true. Science then has its own ways of silencing those that do not agree with the science of the times- though there is hope eventually the truth comes out- the truth can be painfully slow.

So after reading this, tell me again how it is crazy to believe climate science isn't being paid by a rich interest (Russia has the most to gain) to overstate the effects of manmade global warming? Why is that so crazy? It's been done before. 40 years ago you'd be crazy to blame health issues on sugar not fats. Will it take another 40 years before the politics of climate change finally come to light? At the very least you can't read this without the realization that scientists can get whatever results you pay them to get. :(

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Obama says it's settled science and that Hillary will be a great president.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
That was before the food industry began to chemically alter the fats in the foods we consume with hydrogen. Now, the fats are not digestible and deposit directly into the bloodstream and are a direct cause of the obesity epidemic.

so, big sugar was right before they were right :shush:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
That was before the food industry began to chemically alter the fats in the foods we consume with hydrogen. Now, the fats are not digestible and deposit directly into the bloodstream and are a direct cause of the obesity epidemic.
That sounds like nonsense Big Sugar would pass on.

neevo

Limey Hippo
So after reading this, tell me again how it is crazy to believe climate science isn't being paid by a rich interest (Russia has the most to gain) to overstate the effects of manmade global warming? Why is that so crazy? It's been done before. 40 years ago you'd be crazy to blame health issues on sugar not fats. Will it take another 40 years before the politics of climate change finally come to light? At the very least you can't read this without the realization that scientists can get whatever results you pay them to get. :(
Simple

The oil industry is ois bribing scientists to disprove MMCC and still 95% of scientists believe it exists.

Science is also peer reviewed. Religion just relies on faith and the deniers have only their faith that it doesnt exist

Still I'm not going to convince you so that's all the time I'm going to waste on you flat-earth types :rotflmao:

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Simple

The oil industry is ois bribing scientists to disprove MMCC and still 95% of scientists believe it exists.

Science is also peer reviewed. Religion just relies on faith and the deniers have only their faith that it doesnt exist

Still I'm not going to convince you so that's all the time I'm going to waste on you flat-earth types :rotflmao:
No matter how many times it's posted here, there, and everywhere, it's still a completely fabricated stat. Not disputing or confirming the actual issue, and the number may magically be true, but the way it was created was 100% shit and it has somehow ended up being parroted all over the world by people that want to be taken seriously.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
Simple

A little healthy skepticism doesn't hurt either. Wasn't long ago they were teaching us that the next ice age is coming and they had a consensus. Also remember the hell from the ozone layer. Not saying there isn't climate change, that's to be expected. How it plays out and why it is happening is yet to be determined. I am for common sense. We shouldn't be polluting unnecessarily but we also have to make sure the policy doesn't set back years of progress in the worlds financial scheme.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
Global warming was invented as nothing but an excuse to enable globalist the opportunity to redistribute wealth from developed countries to the 3rd world shitholes. Once they get this kind of power, there's nothing they can't force upon us deplorables.

at least until we say "fawk it" and blow their damn heads off. Viva la revolution!