• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

So what's the JUOT-approved washing machine brand?

Stu Cozza

is Good for America
How well does the Bravos washer work? Looks like it has no agitators... the Neptune has the big round "discs" for agitators.

Last edited:

Ralph

VIP
How well does the Braves washer work? Looks like it has no agitators... the Neptune has the big round "discs" for agitators.
Most of the high efficiency washers do not have agitators in the traditional sense. The Bravos has a wash plate with nubs on it. It works awesome, if you follow the directions. And you cannot put a super small load in it. The more in there, the better it works. I tried washing just our shower curtain in there, and it didn't work at all.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
Well damn, our pump is leaking. In order to wash anything I have to set the wet/dry vac up so it sucks the stream of water/soap. Part of me says just replace the pump and run it another 10 years, the other says just buy a new, more efficient one since we complain about our clothes being dingy. Effing fridge is spazzing out on us, dryer's timer stopped working, all within a couple weeks.

It's like we get the loan to do the addition and the appliances decide they're done.

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
My lid hinge broke, within the warranty period.

Samsung told me to pound sand.

They won't get any more of my $$ for appliances.

TV's are a different story, though. I like those :jump:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Currently every appliance in my house is GE. The washer was the latest addition last month after my Fisher & Paykel died after 11 years.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
I'm kinda digging the Maytag Bravo top load. Seems like a hearty build for a mid range price

luv_jeeps

Mr. Martha
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Currently running a couple of Whirlpool stackables.
I like them a lot. The washer cleans stuff well, and I like the dryer a lot, because if I need to fluff something I don't have to do anything except hit the 'go' button. It knows when things are done.

pirranah

pierced dingaling
VIP
We have the same. I think it's Bravos though right?
Probably, ended up with a Samsung though.

I feel all backwoods going to this newfangle warshing machine. I don't even think ours was much older than 10. Whatever, it washes :whoknows:

Brandon, I like the jingle

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
Probably, ended up with a Samsung though.

I feel all backwoods going to this newfangle warshing machine. I don't even think ours was much older than 10. Whatever, it washes :whoknows:

Brandon, I like the jingle
I used to. Now it's the sound of miserable chores calling me to heel.

miwico

Stalker of Brock
VIP
brand new Samsung front loaders with steam and shit, has an intermittent leak, I'm waiting for it to fix it size.

mud-man

WOLVERINES!!
VIP
i Have a 14 year old maytag still going strong, I had to replace the pump assy once it was $60 bucks. Im going to keep it going as long as i can. Most of the new stuff is crap 5 yeas and its dead.