• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Gas range

Short Round

Oppan Gangnam Style
VIP
Seeing as I am a good son (or so I think), I am going to be doing some home improvements to my parent's house when I move back to Katy after graduation and start my full-time job.

It's a nice home with a great sized kitchen (perfect for Filipinos), but the appliances are a little outdated. The oven, despite being old is quite accurate according to some tests I've done. The one thing we hate since we've moved in about 6 years ago is the induction cooktop. It's highly inefficient and a pain to clean. The only problem is I have to find one that has a downdraft vent. The current cooktop is in the center island with the downdraft vent....

Any suggestions on brands? I would prefer 4 burners and have no need for the grill that is often seen on some of these models.

skimblz

Ski Bum
For a downdraft vent and center island use, may want to look at Viking, DCS, or some of the higher end KitchenAid or GE models.

We went with a DCS, but it is an all-in-one setup and not just a cooktop.

Here's a DCS for example:
http://www.us-appliance.com/ctdcs30dr4ga.html

That bigger space for the burner in the middle is GREAT for bigger pots.