• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Roswell, NM

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
Thinking of taking an overnight trip for my b-day.

Anyone know things I should definitely see while there - not sure if I buy into the whole alien dealio but would be interesting to check stuff out.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I was discussing a trip toward that way before JU died... You won't be far from Carlsbard Caverns, it's a little south- if you've never been there you should go, it's not like there is much other reason to be in that part of the country.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
I was discussing a trip toward that way before JU died... You won't be far from Carlsbard Caverns, it's a little south- if you've never been there you should go, it's not like there is much other reason to be in that part of the country.
I've been bugging Mike to go so he said to make plans for my b-day (on July 4th) and we would take the bike down there for an overnight trip.

With as many shows as I've seen on it you'd think I would know where I want to go, but I don't. I think it's best to just spend the day wandering around then the night at a B&B.

It's only a 3 hr drive for us, so it would be a nice ride on the bike.

tooms

Three Hole Wonder
VIP
3 hours? I guess I missed the part about you moving to New Mexico.
That was last November - HTF did you miss that? Oh wait...maybe cuz we didn't advertise it all that much.

Let me know if you find anything we (I) should see...I've wanted to go there for YEARS so I'm pretty excited to go.

Fleg

Bewbie
I've been down there three times. There are a bunch of old missle silos in the area. No chance in hell you can actually get inside of one even though most of them have been destroyed. From ABQ to Roswell we can go through Lincoln and Ft Sumner ala Billy the Kid fame. Carlsbad Caverns is just south and there is another big cave system near Lincoln that is more open to the public. There is some pretty good ATV and M/C areas around roswell. There are three sets of big indian ruins kind of on the way. I think Leon took Justin to one of them for pre-wedding, Abo maybe? Other then that, not to much to do.

scott00tj

The Missing Goonie
VIP
What is there to do in Roswell other then look at a bunch of dirt that once may or may not have had something crash into it?

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Popular Science claims to have ignored the signs at Area 51 and got right on to the base and found it abandoned...

Of course Area 51 is in Neveda, no where near Roswell, NM.

64Jeeper

Lurker
I've heard it said that all the real alien crap is hidden away under the base at Fallon, Nevada, but who really knows.

Our current gubment is never going to tell us the truth.