• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

is the motorola G series worth it?

Yellowdog

i want a cradle charge phone

don't need bells and whistles

and what is this 300k cmos camera that comes with it..is that crappy or sumpthin

i hate those charger/data ports on new phones and like that it is shock and water resistant

it's 99 dollars when i do the renew next month

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
I am not familiar with that series, but my last two work phones, including the one I have now, have been motorola. They both sucked ass. Right now I have a Q (first gen) and it's horrible. It can't even make a phone call most of teh time. To get it to make a call, I have to restart the stupid phone and then hope it works. I probably have a skewed view of Motorola's products because of my experience since there are a lot out there. I have my best luck with Samsung phones.

Yellowdog

I am not familiar with that series, but my last two work phones, including the one I have now, have been motorola. They both sucked ass. Right now I have a Q (first gen) and it's horrible. It can't even make a phone call most of teh time. To get it to make a call, I have to restart the stupid phone and then hope it works. I probably have a skewed view of Motorola's products because of my experience since there are a lot out there. I have my best luck with Samsung phones.
weird my samsung's sucked i replaced 2 because the flip broke and then found out thru a freind their was an "unannounced" recall on them just for that reason..when i told verizon..the upgraded the phone..and that's the one that 2x's now had charger port issues

i still have a star tac moto that works but i can't find the charger

i'd love to hook that sucker up

retro cool ..the first flip phone..i think it was like 1100 dollars when it first came out

I have a Casio Gzone shock resistant phone (verizon). It's the ****ing shit. My brother and dad have since each gotten one (the updated model).

Yellowdog

I have a Casio Gzone shock resistant phone (verizon). It's the ****ing shit. My brother and dad have since each gotten one (the updated model).
is it the casio? i know g zone lemme look

Gzone

yeah that's the one i was looking at..don't know why i said moto

so it's good ehhh?

so whats with the camera? i never heard of that except for old video cameras-- cmos

is it the casio? i know g zone lemme look

Gzone

yeah that's the one i was looking at..don't know why i said moto

so it's good ehhh?

so whats with the camera? i never heard of that except for old video cameras-- cmos
It's made by Casio. I didn't know that until I got it out of the box. Verizon called it the "Verizon GZone." The front display looks pretty much identical to a Casio G-shock watch (i've owned a few).

It's a basic camera...nothing special. On the front of the phone, one of the little circles is the camera, the other is a light. A cool function...

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
It's made by Casio. I didn't know that until I got it out of the box. Verizon called it the "Verizon GZone." The front display looks pretty much identical to a Casio G-shock watch (i've owned a few).

It's a basic camera...nothing special. On the front of the phone, one of the little circles is the camera, the other is a light. A cool function...
Had mine for a couple of months now and it really is pretty indestructible. Had it zipped in my pocket last week during a whole day of river rafting and it didn't phase it a bit.

But the best thing is just what Mike was looking for, the charging cradle. I velcro'd it to my dash and it makes it real easy to come and go and never worry about cords and plugs.

Only downside is it won't pair with my car headunit. Good thing I hardly ever use the phone while driving or that would be a show stopper.

Yellowdog

Had mine for a couple of months now and it really is pretty indestructible. Had it zipped in my pocket last week during a whole day of river rafting and it didn't phase it a bit.

But the best thing is just what Mike was looking for, the charging cradle. I velcro'd it to my dash and it makes it real easy to come and go and never worry about cords and plugs.

Only downside is it won't pair with my car headunit. Good thing I hardly ever use the phone while driving or that would be a show stopper.
awesome..i'm sold!

Yellowdog

hust picked my buddy up from JFK airport..as we are driving back i tell him about phone i want and he pulls it out and say "the best phone i ever owned"

it is big but damn it really feels like a phone not a toy