• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

The Myth of Camelot - AKA how great JFK was

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
It may not come up here much but in my life many people claim the downfall of US Government working for the people / being honest with the people started with the JFK assassination and peaked (until recently perhaps) with Watergate.

But there is so much crap that JFK had his hands dirty with that simply wasn't released until decades later it's clear his administration would have just been politics as usual had he lived.

From the History channel, 5 things most people probably didn't know about the Bay of Pigs invasion- itself intensely shady from the start: 5 Things You Might Not Know About the Bay of Pigs Invasion - History in the Headlines

American bombings of Cuba made to look like Cubans defecting, bombing Castro before the left.

Denying/ignoring the killing of Navy and Alabama National Guard troops during botched part of the operation... and more nonsense.

Even in the 1960's you shouldn't trust the government.

When did things go so wrong?

I don't want to believe it but I am forced to wonder about things like the moon landing- the problem when the government lies so casually, you never know what you can believe.

BobKid

Bite me!
VIP
As long as there's been people, there've been those who felt the end justified the means as long as it was other people they put at risk. It's always been that way, and it always will be.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
As long as there's been people, there've been those who felt the end justified the means as long as it was other people they put at risk. It's always been that way, and it always will be.
correct. it never went wrong

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
I don't want to believe it but I am forced to wonder about things like the moon landing- the problem when the government lies so casually, you never know what you can believe.
You don't need to worry about that - the moon landing did happen. Pops worked for Rockwell on the Saturn program, and on the shuttle program and personally knew a handful of the astronauts.

You also should believe in UFO's and extraterrestrials. Just sayin...