• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Jeep Cherokee explodes into flames after getting struck by Metro-North train...

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I've heard 2 tv channels identify it as a Jeep Grand Cherokee and one other say Jeep. :shrug:

GreenGeep

Timber Baron
VIP
From what I heard on the radio, The woman was on the tracks when the crossing bars came down. She got out of the vehicle to see what the bars had done to her car, got back in, and shortly thereafter was struck by the train.

If I am stopped on train tracks and the bars start coming down, I am going to do whatever it takes to get the vehicle off the tracks.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
They make those MLs over in Tuscaloosa and the tour of the plant is pretty cool. A lot of the German execs live in my burb and commute the 30 mintues to the plant. I'd love to have the job of offroad testing those on their track. :clapping:

Hooligan

Employee of the Month
VIP
From what I heard on the radio, The woman was on the tracks when the crossing bars came down. She got out of the vehicle to see what the bars had done to her car, got back in, and shortly thereafter was struck by the train.

If I am stopped on train tracks and the bars start coming down, I am going to do whatever it takes to get the vehicle off the tracks.
R.I.P. "whatever" :(

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Here's a good tip for anyone who doesn't want to die...

NEVER EVER get in the first car of a train. If there isn't an Engine car in front, get as far back as you can.

The only deaths were in the first car.

Passenger cars are designed to be as light as possible.

Engines are much stronger, much heavier.

Had the engine been in front only the driver of the car would likely have died.