• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Ford Braptor

Buddy of mine down the road from me is a mechanic. He does a ton of LS swaps. He said the aftermarket support for the LS swaps is unreal. Interestingly enough, he doesn't care for the LS engines and refers to them as throw away. He said it is usually more cost effective to pull one that has any problems which requires internal repair and put a different one in. He does it all the time. He has a collection of "bad" LS motors at his shop. He strips them down and builds a few good ones for the next ****ed up one that comes to his shop. He says 80% of his business is swapping puked GM motors for another one. I should have him pull my Ramjet out of my YJ, install a frankenLS and dump it.
When people are making insane power with stock long block 4.8's- it is one hell of a platform.

I'm not impressed.
You remind me of a guy from work that credits nothing but fords. :)

How ever you twist and turn it- $300 junk yard engines capable of 500-nearly 1000rwhp with a turbo and some minor bolt on shit is impressive for a oe block and rotating assembly.

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
You remind me of a guy from work that credits nothing but fords. :)

How ever you twist and turn it- $300 junk yard engines capable of 500-nearly 1000rwhp with a turbo and some minor bolt on shit is impressive for a oe block and rotating assembly.
Not that at all. Old SBC and BBC motors could be modified to push serious power. Same same.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Not that at all. Old SBC and BBC motors could be modified to push serious power. Same same.
With lots of $. A plain 5.3/6.0 can easily get a reliable 400hp with different OEM heads and a tune. I remember people spending big bucks to get 300hp out of a mustang :jump:

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
IDK, a guy I know had north of 600hp out of 400 SBC for $1,600 and that included the cost of the block. It's installed in a Chris Craft in Mattapoisett. The cost of reinforcing the boat far exceeded the motor.

It's not expensive to modify any GM motor. That's why it's done extensively. Obviously. I'm not sure why it's so impressive. It's been SOP for sixty ****ing years.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
IDK, a guy I know had north of 600hp out of 400 SBC for $1,600 and that included the cost of the block. It's installed in a Chris Craft in Mattapoisett. The cost of reinforcing the boat far exceeded the motor.

It's not expensive to modify any GM motor. That's why it's done extensively. Obviously. I'm not sure why it's so impressive. It's been SOP for sixty ****ing years.
You just proved the point :rotflmao:

Building something just to be cool is for idiots, but then again, you actually bought a ramjet :jump: