• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

CNN = Very Fake News

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
CNN has noticeably scrubbed their main page of their website to remove every reference to "Russia". Indeed, if you go to their politics page, there are only a couple "Russia" headlines that could be, at face value, construed to be negative towards Trump. I think they're on notice after the last couple days and are trying really hard to shake the stigma of being a blatant misinformation arm of the DNC. If you looked at their page a week ago, it was dominated by Russia-Trump headlines.
This is correct, cnn really went off the deep end when trump got elected, I'm still shocked too, but i was able to go on with my daily life cnn wasn't:rotflmao:

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
This is correct, cnn really went off the deep end when trump got elected, I'm still shocked too, but i was able to go on with my daily life cnn wasn't:rotflmao:
The bottom line is that CNN and the MSM as a whole really are just the propaganda wing of the DNC. I know that claim gets generally written off as Fox News/Tea Party/conspiracy theory BS, but it's true and CNN has gone so far this time that they've actually verified it to be true. Not that we needed any more verification after Trump's "upset" victory, but it's absolutely true.

That's not to say that the DNC has direct oversight of the MSM, just that the MSM as a whole is made up of people who primarily support and parrot the DNC and skew everything they do to those ends. Some of it is intentional, some is probably subconscious, but it's very obvious to any impartial observer.

CNN is garbage. They should clean house and start over it's so bad.
I was seeing headlines that suggested that they're probably doing that with the AT&T merger as the higher ups are pro-Trump. Not 100% sure because I haven't been following that story, but that's what the headlines suggested

Jays89YJ

Udaho
VIP
I find TIME just as bad. I didn't realize how many news sites there were until sifting through my news app and narrowing it down because of the drivel it pushes.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
The bottom line is that CNN and the MSM as a whole really are just the propaganda wing of the DNC. I know that claim gets generally written off as Fox News/Tea Party/conspiracy theory BS, but it's true and CNN has gone so far this time that they've actually verified it to be true. Not that we needed any more verification after Trump's "upset" victory, but it's absolutely true.

That's not to say that the DNC has direct oversight of the MSM, just that the MSM as a whole is made up of people who primarily support and parrot the DNC and skew everything they do to those ends. Some of it is intentional, some is probably subconscious, but it's very obvious to any impartial observer.

I was seeing headlines that suggested that they're probably doing that with the AT&T merger as the higher ups are pro-Trump. Not 100% sure because I haven't been following that story, but that's what the headlines suggested
It's completely logical to me that the news skews to the left.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
It's completely logical to me that the news skews to the left.
Ditto. My overly generalized take on the concept is that people with functional skills go into trades (engineering, science, technology, hands-on,etc) and generally lean right. People that don't have functional skills go into "liberal arts" (teaching, journalism, writing, etc) and generally lean left.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
Ditto. My overly generalized take on the concept is that people with functional skills go into trades (engineering, science, technology, hands-on,etc) and generally lean right. People that don't have functional skills go into "liberal arts" (teaching, journalism, writing, etc) and generally lean left.
I was going to say educated/uneducated but tomato/tomato ;)
You're also missing the tons of blue collar unionized workers that lean to the left. it boils down to a me first/people first and people first tend to be more interested in the world than me first people, hence the for profit news catering to its demographic.

Ardvark

I was going to say educated/uneducated but tomato/tomato ;)
You're also missing the tons of blue collar unionized workers that lean to the left. it boils down to a me first/people first and people first tend to be more interested in the world than me first people, hence the for profit news catering to its demographic.
youd be surprised how many union workers are against the social platform that the democrats support.

you can definitely tell who is forced to be in union vs believes in unions

and i totally disagree with the me first/people first anaolgy

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
youd be surprised how many union workers are against the social platform that the democrats support.

you can definitely tell who is forced to be in union vs believes in unions

and i totally disagree with the me first/people first anaolgy
These days, I know few who aren't liberal socially, only fringe religious zealots on the internet such as yourself.

Where I do see a divide is to what level of social programs do we tolerate, and how aggressive are we on the world stage.

most are libertarian by nature, and vote on their hot button issue, some care more about the economy, some care more about social things.

JLS

JUOT Refugee
VIP
I know a few union guys who are leftists but the majority I know are right leaning on just about everything

BrandonM7

MaMway Platinum Member
Staff member
VIP
Ultra-Premium
These days, I know few who aren't liberal socially, only fringe religious zealots on the internet such as yourself.

Where I do see a divide is to what level of social programs do we tolerate, and how aggressive are we on the world stage.

most are libertarian by nature, and vote on their hot button issue, some care more about the economy, some care more about social things.
I feel like you're glazing over the social issue as something that just has to be done by the government when you make such a blanket statement of "me first" vs "people first." That distinction isn't true in my experience with people I know. Hell, the person you're talking to about it (Aardvark) is a perfect example of "people first" while voting what you're labeling "me first." He's adopted a ****ing litter of children and does helpful stuff for people voluntarily with his time, effort, and money. That isn't a "me first" mentality at all. He doesn't want the government spending HIS money on social programs he doesn't agree with, because he's doing it effectively and directly in ways he approves of without them screwing it up. It's pretty shitty to lump that person into a "me first" group instead of a "people first" group just because he doesn't need a bunch of dipshits in marble buildings to help people for him.

Ardvark

:jump:
i guess it is all based on your perspective. I think pro abortion people (such as yourself) are the extreme anti social programs.
I see liberals as very narrow minded people who pick one topic and regardless of anything else it is that topic that is above all. Even when it totally contradicts other liberal topics.

wct097

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
I feel like you're glazing over the social issue as something that just has to be done by the government
Bingo. It baffles me how someone can claim to subscribe to Libertarian ideals yet still be an advocate for the government to be involved to such a great extent in social issues. My stance is the opposite.... that the government needs to butt out of social issues and stick to doing its job.

when you make such a blanket statement of "me first" vs "people first." That distinction isn't true in my experience with people I know. Hell, the person you're talking to about it (Aardvark) is a perfect example of "people first" while voting what you're labeling "me first." He's adopted a ****ing litter of children and does helpful stuff for people voluntarily with his time, effort, and money. That isn't a "me first" mentality at all. He doesn't want the government spending HIS money on social programs he doesn't agree with, because he's doing it effectively and directly in ways he approves of without them screwing it up. It's pretty shitty to lump that person into a "me first" group instead of a "people first" group just because he doesn't need a bunch of dipshits in marble buildings to help people for him.
Spot on, except you forget that Jason's MO is to look down on everyone and take an overwhelmingly sanctimonious stance on virtually every topic.

Jerk!

like Einstein but dumber
VIP
I feel like you're glazing over the social issue as something that just has to be done by the government when you make such a blanket statement of "me first" vs "people first." That distinction isn't true in my experience with people I know. Hell, the person you're talking to about it (Aardvark) is a perfect example of "people first" while voting what you're labeling "me first." He's adopted a ****ing litter of children and does helpful stuff for people voluntarily with his time, effort, and money. That isn't a "me first" mentality at all. He doesn't want the government spending HIS money on social programs he doesn't agree with, because he's doing it effectively and directly in ways he approves of without them screwing it up. It's pretty shitty to lump that person into a "me first" group instead of a "people first" group just because he doesn't need a bunch of dipshits in marble buildings to help people for him.
I feel like you're assuming I think a way that I don't, because I'm a normal amount of sympathetic toward leftist thinking vs the rock brains here does not mean i favor large federal programs. And you're kinda proving my point, him not wanting to pay into the .gov for social programs society has declared necessary, is being me first, even if he's doing some good with it. I dont want the government spending my money is being a me first person.