• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Stranger Things (Netflix)

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
An 8-episode series, each roughly an hour long, on Netflix.

Takes place in the 80's, a cross between The Goonies and X-Files with a little ET thrown in.

Not a bad watch, not sure if there will be a 2nd "season" or not, works well as its own mini-series.

More or less the same mystery as explore by 4 different groups-

Kids
Teenagers
Adults
Some Secret Government(?) Agency

Reactions: gcb

abqtj

I'm a damn delight!
Staff member
Administrator
VIP
Watched the first 3 episodes last night. Pretty good so far.

I didn't recognize Matthew Modine at first

John in MA

They see me rollin'
VIP
I started watching this with a chick who was well versed in nerd lore. We kept picking out all out the cues from every '80s sci-fi/spooky/mystery movie. It's awesome.

Meh

Born-Again Hawaiian
VIP
An 8-episode series, each roughly an hour long, on Netflix.

Takes place in the 80's, a cross between The Goonies and X-Files with a little ET thrown in.

Not a bad watch, not sure if there will be a 2nd "season" or not, works well as its own mini-series.

More or less the same mystery as explore by 4 different groups-

Kids
Teenagers
Adults
Some Secret Government(?) Agency
Firestarter, a bit of Hellraiser. Nancy looks kinda like Fiona Gallegher. Good to see Wynonna Ryder is working again.

serfur1

bici italia
VIP
We just finished it, we really liked it. I think I heard King was writing the second season?

eysdan

WTF?
VIP
:wifey: and I finished it last night. Kind of a mix of the following:

X-Files
War Games
Poltergeist

Second series has been announced :thup2:

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
:wifey: and I finished it last night. Kind of a mix of the following:

X-Files
War Games
Poltergeist

Second series has been announced :thup2:
I remember one of my friends saying Poltergeist "made ya jump!" Stranger Things is like that. So much current "horror" is blood and guts and violence just for the sake of blood and guts and violence, without the "make ya jump."