• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

Top Gear USA back 7/24

Just heard commercial for TG USA on Pandora- same three guys back for this season. Had hoped they would make some changes.

frank_c

lost in the jet stream
VIP
as everyone says, first couple seasons of TG UK aren't so great. they did have a presenter change though.

Ohioy2kxj

Lurking
VIP
I figured The Car Show with Adam Carolla was replacing it since they appear to be doing the same things.

That was actually entertaining last night- truck replacement episode shot in TX. Same guys, but the NJ guy wasn't as annoying. Definitely not the level of comedy as the BBC, but enjoyable.

wct097

NPD Club President 2021-2022
Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP
Never watched it.... never seemed interesting. The BBC version is only slightly amusing most of the time, with the good stuff further between.

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
They had a marathon of season 1 episodes on the other day, but the ones I saw ere the handful I had seen before. Seems interesting enough but awfully fake.

They had a marathon of season 1 episodes on the other day, but the ones I saw ere the handful I had seen before. Seems interesting enough but awfully fake.
Definitely fake, especially the final scene in the new episode with the cars jacked up that they each supposedly did in 12 hours. Was annoyed when History tagged all last season's episodes as new and my DVR recorded them on Saturday.

John

Transplant
VIP
The final season 2 episode was pretty good, but a few things stood out to me. Rutledge's Firebird was pretty damn nice for $2k. There might have been some shenanigans with that one.

The other thing was the reference to IT guys and their WRX's. Reminded me of someone on here. :jump:

BirdOPrey5

Staff member
Administrator
VIP
I think Top Gear USA is pretty decent once you accept everything is "fixed" and none of it is real.

John

Transplant
VIP
The same could be argued about the UK version, but I'd like to find a '95 V8 Firebird in that kind of shape for $2k. Last I checked, they don't exist.

Justin

Damn.
VIP
The same could be argued about the UK version, but I'd like to find a '95 V8 Firebird in that kind of shape for $2k. Last I checked, they don't exist.
That's not far below approx KBB value for that turd, and they only have to find 1 idiot selling it for less than it's worth, or there were issues with it that we don't know about. :shrug:

John

Transplant
VIP
Marty McFoust was pretty funny. It still had good performance left in it and the body looked pretty straight.