• Important! If you attempt to register and do not get an email within 5 minutes please check your spam box. This is especially true for Microsoft owned domains like Hotmail, Outlook, and Live. If these do not work please consider Gmail. Yahoo, or even AOL email which works fine.

LOL Ford

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Why pay for $5K of flashy exterior and fancy interior? The non-Platinum interior is plenty comfortable.

So you bought a vehicle with no cargo or towing ability?
He bought an FJ, it obviously wasn't a rational decision.
I currently don't need big towing ability. I needed a 4 door, with 4 wheel drive that could pull my 5x8 trailer, and gets better than 15mpg.

When I go back to needing something that can tow/haul bigger things, it will be a 3/4 ton something.

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Why pay for $5K of flashy exterior and fancy interior? The non-Platinum interior is plenty comfortable.
Heated seats, remote start, heated washer fluid, heated mirrors, dual climate control, leather, and many other "extras" are well worth the 5k extra.

DieselSJ

Staff member
VIP
Heated seats, remote start, heated washer fluid, heated mirrors, dual climate control, leather, and many other "extras" are well worth the 5k extra.
There isn't a single thing on that list that I would pay extra for. LOL at "heated" anything in the southwest.

Brock

VIP
Ultra-Premium
Because putting the key into the little hole and turning it just wipes you out for the rest of the day.
No but getting in a vehicle that is sitting in the sun during 100 degree days with 90% humidity brings the suck compared to climbing in a vehicle that has been cooling down for 10 minutes with the AC on full blast. :bunnydance:

Chite5e

VIP
Ultra-Premium
No but getting in a vehicle that is sitting in the sun during 100 degree days with 90% humidity brings the suck compared to climbing in a vehicle that has been cooling down for 10 minutes with the AC on full blast. :bunnydance:
Agreed.

Plus some rare mornings it is cold out, a pre heated vehicle is nice.

There are people like me out there.... I get a truck allowance from work, I use my truck for self and work. It is my mobile office. I work in Oilfield sales. I like to have something nice to live in every day(300-500 miles daily) that I can also take clients to lunch in or use for a date on the weekends. Given the mileage and terrain of most places I travel, half ton trucks and suvs would not cut it.

John

Transplant
VIP
Do you even know what one feels like?
You didn't till recently. jjj

Inigo Montoya said:
I currently don't need big towing ability. I needed a 4 door, with 4 wheel drive that could pull my 5x8 trailer, and gets better than 15mpg.
You call that a four door? :puzzled:

My extended cab silverado was more of a four door than that is. At least the rear windows rolled down.

I miss remote start.
That is the one thing that I really miss about my Silverado.

John

Transplant
VIP
It is "four" enough that I don't have to get out and flip the seats forward to let the kidlets in/out.
Its a huge PITA to have to open the front doors first and make sure that the rear door is closed before you close the front door. And how cheap were they to make the back windows fixed glass. I could deal with the visibility (even though is sucks) and the looks (the one I was looking at was a new black TRD and they look better), but I couldn't get past the rear door situation.